Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

Am I right, the slip tank is nothing more than a spare fuel tank ? Sorry never heard it called that before.

Since you did mention changes to the fuel system, it must be stock, and when did they say you can't have a spare fuel tank due to warrantee ? I've had mine almost since I first bought my truck without any comment from the dealer. I dumps into the original main for the truck to pull from.

If the fuel is proper, it's being filtered as you stated, there is no problem covering the CP3. If they sampled the fuel and it doesn't meet minimum specs, or you tampered with the CP3 or the lines it needs ... they are wrong. Can you go to another dealer ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Yes by slip tank I'm talking about a bed mounted aux tank. Its plumbed into the fill neck. Its transferred via pump through a cat fuel filter prior to dumping into the fill neck. I can possibly go to another dealer. I'm worried that they may have documented something within the Chrysler warranty system. Plus both factory filters are still in place.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

They should cover this even if the CAT filters are not OEM. provide them with the filtration specs and as long as they are equal or better they need to replace on their dime.

Aux tank shouldn’t matter either!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com