Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Skibyak View Post
    As things stand now it seems the dealer is looking for some easy money. Nothing wrong with the truck. It's been looked at by 3 other shops and I've been told the noise is nothing to be concerned with. I've now heard a few other trucks making the same sound. The fuel samples have come back clean. Both from the Chrysler fuel return test. As well as sampled pulled from both tanks and both filters. The truck just made a 1300mile trip with zero issues.

As for the warranty. It seems Chrysler is taking a hard stance against any modifications. Because this dealership involved the district Chrysler rep. The only way for me to fight this is going to be to hire a lawyer and file a suit. It seems as though they're just looking for easy ways to kill warranties because they know very few people will be willing or able to spend the money in legal fees to have a chance.

I've talked to the other dealership in town and that's the advice they gave me. They've also been told to do the same thing even though there's nothing wrong with the vehicles. Per the shop foreman Chrysler is following GMC and Fords stance and trying to wash their hands of warranties if at all possible.

Be careful and don't expect much from any dealership. Not saying they're all going to pull the same ****. But you never know.
    So the truck is running and driving fine aside from the shops Diagnosis?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Correct. Its run fine the whole time.

Theres a slight odd noise. But I've now heard it on a couple other trucks.

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Skibyak View Post
    Correct. Its run fine the whole time.

Theres a slight odd noise. But I've now heard it on a couple other trucks.
    WOW- idiots LOL. That Tech was looking to make some money! I’d file a complaint with Fiat Corp...this is why “mechanics” have a bad name

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #34
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'd also collect all documentation, write out a timeline describing the entire mishap, give names if you remember and complain to the BBB and the Federal government. Don't remember the actual division this falls under, but I believe it has to be displayed in every shop. Been couple decades since I did it, and things changed because of it. Worth the time.

Great to hear your go to go .......

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234