Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

Where did they prove your aux tank was the cause? The whole situation is complete bs and makes no sense. Did you buy the truck new from this dealer? Who installed the aux tank?

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

No the truck was purchased at another dealer while traveling for work. As for the install I did it myself. All I get out of the dealer is they followed the diagnostic flowchart and due to the metal they claim to have found everything has to be replaced.

I was even told by the technician and service manager that somehow having an aux tank means that metal is able to be pushed passed the OEM filters but that doesnt mean theres anything wrong with th oem filters.

Their answer is to call the Chrysler care number and file a claim. So I did that and was told theres nothing they can do. Due to the dealer contacting and being advised by the regional Chrysler rep.

I can tell you that no matter what FASS or anyone else says if you were in my shoes with this dealer. They'd kill your warranty and leave you hanging. They absolutely cannot see beyond the modification and do not care or have the ability to be reasoned with.

The quote I was given for the repairs to meet the technicians requirements is over 20k.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

The Cummins tech confirmed what I was mentioning which was the AUX tank has nothing to do with this issue (which we know). I am assuming you have read through the warranty paperwork searching for the issue with an external tank?

How an aux tank will push fuel past the filters is beyond me...I would like to know their logic on this.

From the warranty manual- nothing on AUX tanks

2.2 Cummins Diesel Engine LimitedWarrantyA. Who Is Covered?You are covered if your vehicle is equipped with aCummins Diesel Engine.B. What’s CoveredThe Cummins Diesel Engine Limited Warranty, coversONLY the following engine parts and components:• cylinder block and all internal parts• cylinder head assemblies• core plugs• fuel injection pump & injectors• gaskets and seals for listed components• intake and exhaust manifold• oil pan• oil pump• timing gear drive and/or chains and cover• turbocharger housing and internal parts• valve covers• water pump and housingC. How Long It LastsThe Cummins Diesel Engine Limited Warranty lasts forup to 5 years or 100,000 miles on the odometer,whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date ofthe Basic Limited Warranty, as set forth in Section2.1(E).

Above- FUEL SYSTEM IS COVERED

3. What’s Not Covered3.1 Modifications Not CoveredA. Some Modifications Don’t Void theWarranties But Aren’t CoveredCertain changes that you might make to your truck donot, by themselves, void the warranties described in thisbooklet. Examples of some of these changes are:• installing non-Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) parts,components, or equipment (such as a non- Chryslerradio or speed control); and• using special non-Chrysler materials or additives.But your warranties don’t cover any part that was noton your truck when it left the manufacturing plant or isnot certified for use on your truck. Nor do they cover thecosts of any repairs or adjustments that might be causedor needed because of the installation or use of nonChrysler parts, components, equipment, materials, oradditives.Performance or racing parts are considered to benon-Chrysler parts. Repairs or adjustments caused bytheir use are not covered under your warranties.Examples of the types of alterations not covered are:• installing accessories — except for genuine Chrysler /Mopar accessories installed by an authorizedChrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram dealer;• applying rustproofing or other protection products;• changing the vehicle’s configuration or dimensions,such as converting the vehicle into a limousine orfood service vehicle; or• using any refrigerant that Chrysler has not approved.WHAT’S NOT COVERED13B. Modifications That WILL Void YourWarrantiesThese actions will void your warranties: • disconnecting, tampering with, or altering the odometer will void your warranties, unless your repairingtechnician follows the legal requirements for repairingor replacing odometers; or• attaching any device that disconnects the odometerwill also void your warranties.3.2 Environmental Factors Not CoveredYour warranties don’t cover damage caused by environmental factors such as airborne fallout, bird droppings,insect damage, chemicals, tree sap, salt, ocean spray,acid rain, and road hazards. Nor do your warrantiescover damage caused by hailstorms, windstorms, tornadoes, sandstorms, lightning, floods, and earthquakes.Your warranties do not cover conditions resultingfrom anything impacting the truck. This includes cracksand chips in glass, scratches and chips in paintedsurfaces, or damage from collision.3.3 Maintenance Costs Not CoveredYour warranties don’t cover the costs of repairingdamage caused by poor or improper maintenance. Nordo they cover damage caused by the use of contaminatedfuels, or by the use of fuels, oils, lubricants, cleaners orfluids other than those recommended in your Owner’sManual.The warranties don’t cover the costs of your truck’snormal or scheduled maintenance — the parts andservices that all trucks routinely need. Some of theseparts and services, which your warranties don’t cover,include: • lubrication;WHAT’S NOT COVERED14• engine tune-ups;• replacing filters, coolant, spark plugs, bulbs, or fuses(unless those costs result from a covered repair);• cleaning and polishing; and• replacing worn wiper blades, worn brake pads andlinings, or clutch linings.3.4 Racing Not CoveredYour warranties don’t cover the costs of repairingdamage or conditions caused by racing, nor do theycover the repair of any defects that are found as the resultof participating in a racing event.3.5 Certain Kinds of Corrosion NotCoveredYour warranties don’t cover the following:• corrosion caused by accident, damage, abuse, or truckalteration;• surface corrosion caused by such things as industrialfallout, sand, salt, hail, ocean spray, and stones;• corrosion caused by the extensive or abnormal transport of caustic materials like chemicals, acids, andfertilizers; and• corrosion of special bodies, body conversions, orequipment that was not on your truck when it left themanufacturing plant or was not supplied by Chrysler

Link to warranty: https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core....5/3500/958.pdf

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Is it the tank, or the fuel? Bad fuel is almost never covered under warranty. If bad fuel caused the CP3 to grenade and send metal filings into the rest of the fuel system, that's not usually covered. Going after the station the fuel came from is what most try, or might even be able to file an insurance claim. But bad fuel and water can get by any filter, and Ram dont usually warranty that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Top Of Page | #25
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@Polaraco please read this thread and comment if you can.
    Correct me if I'm wrong .. but .. I don't see how this isn't covered.
    I think the dealership is blowing smoke.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Is it the tank, or the fuel? Bad fuel is almost never covered under warranty. If bad fuel caused the CP3 to grenade and send metal filings into the rest of the fuel system, that's not usually covered. Going after the station the fuel came from is what most try, or might even be able to file an insurance claim. But bad fuel and water can get by any filter, and Ram dont usually warranty that.

The dealer is stating the spare fuel cell is where the filings were coming from and causing the issue (from all I have read). Or implying the extra capacity is straining the system. I personally haven't heard of bad fuel causing the CP3 to grenade - I guess this is a thing?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    The dealer is stating the spare fuel cell is where the filings were coming from and causing the issue (from all I have read). Or implying the extra capacity is straining the system. I personally haven't heard of bad fuel causing the CP3 to grenade - I guess this is a thing?
    CP3 grenading from bad fuel can happen, but not as common as it is with the CP4. It's far too late to know where metal filings came from though if that's what they are saying caused it. It's a bad deal and I think OP should fight for all it's worth. Wish him luck!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Likes TexNeck liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Good luck buddy. Definitely sucks

10. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Try calling Cummins Sales and Service. I have had great luck with them here. Then again, I work for a sweeper dealership, and have a relationship with Cummins. Its worth a shot. Too bad you aren't in NJ I could give you my local contacts.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

11. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

As things stand now it seems the dealer is looking for some easy money. Nothing wrong with the truck. It's been looked at by 3 other shops and I've been told the noise is nothing to be concerned with. I've now heard a few other trucks making the same sound. The fuel samples have come back clean. Both from the Chrysler fuel return test. As well as sampled pulled from both tanks and both filters. The truck just made a 1300mile trip with zero issues.

As for the warranty. It seems Chrysler is taking a hard stance against any modifications. Because this dealership involved the district Chrysler rep. The only way for me to fight this is going to be to hire a lawyer and file a suit. It seems as though they're just looking for easy ways to kill warranties because they know very few people will be willing or able to spend the money in legal fees to have a chance.

I've talked to the other dealership in town and that's the advice they gave me. They've also been told to do the same thing even though there's nothing wrong with the vehicles. Per the shop foreman Chrysler is following GMC and Fords stance and trying to wash their hands of warranties if at all possible.

Be careful and don't expect much from any dealership. Not saying they're all going to pull the same ****. But you never know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast