Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: P0101 code with K&N intake

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P0101 code with K&N intake

Hey guys, I have a 2010 2500 with an auto transmission. It has what looks to be a K&N part number 63-1562 intake. I'm having a CEL P0101 - Mass air flow sensor "A" circuit performance. I have done quite a bit of researching and, yes, using the search function. The intake might be causing the DTC.

My question is, has anyone had any success modifying their aftermarket intake somehow to solve this problem? For example, somehow creating more restriction to increase air velocity/turbulence.

Before anyone says delete and tune, I plan on it. But right now I need to get this thing to pass smog. Also, the K&N filter has been replaced with a dry AFE filter so oil is not the issue, the MAF is a brand new Mopar part and I've checked the voltage on all three pins, they check out.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P0101 code with K&N intake

Quote Originally Posted by Swtjames23 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 2010 2500 with an auto transmission. It has what looks to be a K&N part number 63-1562 intake. I'm having a CEL P0101 - Mass air flow sensor "A" circuit performance. I have done quite a bit of researching and, yes, using the search function. The intake might be causing the DTC.

My question is, has anyone had any success modifying their aftermarket intake somehow to solve this problem? For example, somehow creating more restriction to increase air velocity/turbulence.

Before anyone says delete and tune, I plan on it. But right now I need to get this thing to pass smog. Also, the K&N filter has been replaced with a dry AFE filter so oil is not the issue, the MAF is a brand new Mopar part and I've checked the voltage on all three pins, they check out.
    Have you tried resetting the CEL?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks Swtjames23 thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swtjames23 View Post

I have actually done this. By chance is the mass air flow installed backwards? If it is it would be a case where the cel comes on almost instantly after driving the truck with the new intake and the truck would more than likely be in a reduced power mode.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

6. Thanks Swtjames23 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I reset the code once before and it came back. It's installed with the arrow pointing towards the turbo.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Be sure to make sure the sensor is cleaned. Some folks get the code after cleaning and oiling the filter.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The filter is clean, it's an AFE filter so no oil. The MAF sensor is a brand new Mopar sensor. I cleared again and the P0101 code is gone but I'm getting a P21B2.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post