Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  66
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 6.7 turbo replacement

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 6.7 turbo replacement

Yes the new actuator will need calibrated, once with it plugged in and not bolted up and again after its bolted to the turbo. It's not bad if you have a scanner or find a shop that has one.

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro157 View Post
    i have a 2014 ram 3500 and the turbo sounds like the exhaust brake is stuck on im looking for a replacement on a totally stock truck any help is greatly appreciated
    If you want to keep your exhaust brake, now would be a great time to upgrade to a Fleece Cheetah or BD Screamer!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl, RamIt liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro157 View Post
    then would i have to have a tuner right at the moment im stock
    Likely so. Stock fuel and trans is fine- more to disable the codes that would be associated with the VGT not being plugged in

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Could run a new actuator which ain’t cheap, if you like your exhaust break gear a lot of people have good lick with the bd screamer turbo which retains the exhaust break 100% drop in. My actuator won’t even turn on so I’m doing the 2nd gen swap with a s467.7. My opinion go 2nd is the way to go and you can still have exhaust break with the 2nd gen swap by running a online exhaust break. So you get the best of both worlds.

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    If it is the actuator they are very simple and about $650 I think. All you gotta do is take down the passenger side fender liner and take the unscrew the actuator from the turbo and install the new. I think they are tamperbroof screws

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I just changed mine out. 2014 2500. Got the actuator directly from local Cummins dealer. Paid $366 for it. Local Ram dealer wanted $3100 . Local diesel parts and repair shop wanted $1100. Took my wheel liner out 3 days beforehand and sprayed lower left bolt that is exposed with PB Blaster 2-3 times a day. Not a bad job to do. Does have to calibrated prior and after installing.

9. Thanks watersupply189, RamIt, ylwiron thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jcb287 View Post
    I just changed mine out. 2014 2500. Got the actuator directly from local Cummins dealer. Paid $366 for it. Local Ram dealer wanted $3100 . Local diesel parts and repair shop wanted $1100. Took my wheel liner out 3 days beforehand and sprayed lower left bolt that is exposed with PB Blaster 2-3 times a day. Not a bad job to do. Does have to calibrated prior and after installing.
    I am probably going to have to do the same. What did you use to calibrate the actuator? What was the part number at Cummins?

11. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Snap on scan tool a friend had. Not sure what model. I also see that you can calibrate with the Alfaobd program. The actuator I got from cummins is # 5494878RX. If you give them your VIN# they will give you the Cummins serial number of your engine. That makes it easier for them to look up part numbers

13. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jcb287 View Post
    Snap on scan tool a friend had. Not sure what model. I also see that you can calibrate with the Alfaobd program. The actuator I got from cummins is # 5494878RX. If you give them your VIN# they will give you the Cummins serial number of your engine. That makes it easier for them to look up part numbers
    Thanks I appreciate that. I just don't understand how if it says it can't communicate with actuator then how does the actuator keep working?

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Mine would work intermittently when empty.

When hooked up to our camper you would get about 10-15 minutes out of it and then it was gone.

No EB and would only top out with 10-12lbs of boost out of the turbo.

Cummins parts rep said this is the 4th revision of this actuator, so that tells me they probably don't have it correct yet.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I went with a borgwarner 364.5 non VGT turbo direct fit from htt (high tech turbo). Of course my truck was already tuned with raceme ultra. A lot cheaper than VGT turbo and no more turbo problems

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast