Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Leaves in defroster vents

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Leaves in defroster vents

Last fall I had a freak windstorm come up and blow a load of leaves into open window. Got everything vacuumed up but a couple leaves appear to be stuck and tumbling around in the vent when using the defrost. I was hoping they would dry up and disintegrate but the just dried up.

Any idea how to get them out?

2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn, pretty much bone stock.

"...any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.” - JFK

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Leaves in defroster vents

There should be the blower motor on the passenger side up under the dash. On the 3rd gens it was 3 torx screws and it dropped the housing out for the fan. I had the same issue

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Not to mention it is a bit tight in there.
    Shop vac nozzle up might do the job.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    There should be the blower motor on the passenger side up under the dash. On the 3rd gens it was 3 torx screws and it dropped the housing out for the fan. I had the same issue
    Thanks, I'll give that route a try.

2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn, pretty much bone stock.

"...any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.” - JFK

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Maybe blow nozzle with a air compressor. Blowing from the bottom up dependung where the leaves are

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I was a bit confusing saying upper dash- if you lay on your back on passenger floor board head toward firewall it’s there. Should be T10 torx- that black blower hosing will come right out- dump leaves and then screw it back up. Really easy just know you won’t be comfortable laying there

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I had a few small pine needles somehow get in my new truck. mine were on the dirty side of my dash filter. if you have a hvac filter you could try pulling it out to see if any of the debris is sitting on top of the filter when its not getting blown around.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post