Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  42

Thread: Happy DRD customer once again!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Happy DRD customer once again!!

I finally decided to get a retune so I could upgrade to the new 'switch' feature. I placed my order around lunchtime today and I had fresh tunes in my email in under 2 hours!! The included links to Ray's YouTube videos made downloading and running auto update a breeze. In less than 20 minutes I had my SD card updated and new firmware and tunes installed on the truck.

I really like the new menu layouts and love the ability to switch power levels with just a couple taps. Just plain awesome! I am really kicking myself for not updating sooner.

Thanks Ray for the prompt service and making things so simple!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Happy DRD customer once again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I finally decided to get a return so I could upgrade to the new 'switch' feature. I placed my order around lunchtime today and I had fresh tunes in my email in under 2 hours!! The included links to Ray's YouTube videos made downloading and running auto update a breeze. In less than 20 minutes I had my SD card updated and new firmware and tunes installed on the truck.

I really like the new menu layouts and love the ability to switch power levels with just a couple taps. Just plain awesome! I am really kicking myself for not updating sooner.

Thanks Ray for the prompt service and making things so simple!!

Greg
    Congrats bud welcome to the family of switch hardware

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kick in the butt. Been considering this for a bit myself. Any idea if there is any updates to trans tuning? I still miss the days when they had pretty much complete control over trans tuning until Chrysler updated the base tunes and threw a monkey wrench into the works. My trans is ok but used to be better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

5. Likes watersupply189, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Thanks for the kick in the butt. Been considering this for a bit myself. Any idea if there is any updates to trans tuning? I still miss the days when they had pretty much complete control over trans tuning until Chrysler updated the base tunes and threw a monkey wrench into the works. My trans is ok but used to be better.

The trans felt pretty much the same as before but I haven't put many miles on it yet either.

Greg

Greg

7. Thanks Noneck thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Noneck, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Tunes are in and tuner is updated! So honestly I really expected no difference in the truck running just the switch ability. Truck runs way different than yesterday for the better! I pulled out of the garage this morning and got my head planted into the headrest! The throttle is incredibly more responsive and the bottom end power feels so much stronger. Almost to the point that it makes me wonder if I had been running on a stock tune prior to this. (I always run 120hp but will switch to 30 when I pull my 34 foot camper for the first time in a week) I imagine that the trans is currently in relearn mode but it seems to shift nicer and hold gears longer. I seemed to be in 6th gear all the time around town at just over 40mph previously. I was cruising at 50 today and it stayed in 5th where it felt right to me. Also cruising at 35 or so up to 40 and it held 4th which again felt much better than before. Sometimes in 4th the convertor would lock really hard especially if I'd hit cruising speed of 40 and then have to let off the gas. Sometimes it would shake the whole truck bad. Seems to be gone now but I only drove about 5 miles back and forth to work today and didn't even get up to operating temp so I took it easy but all in all I was really surprised at the way the truck felt better today! Thanks Ray!

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Tunes are in and tuner is updated! So honestly I really expected no difference in the truck running just the switch ability. Truck runs way different than yesterday for the better! I pulled out of the garage this morning and got my head planted into the headrest! The throttle is incredibly more responsive and the bottom end power feels so much stronger. Almost to the point that it makes me wonder if I had been running on a stock tune prior to this. (I always run 120hp but will switch to 30 when I pull my 34 foot camper for the first time in a week) I imagine that the trans is currently in relearn mode but it seems to shift nicer and hold gears longer. I seemed to be in 6th gear all the time around town at just over 40mph previously. I was cruising at 50 today and it stayed in 5th where it felt right to me. Also cruising at 35 or so up to 40 and it held 4th which again felt much better than before. Sometimes in 4th the convertor would lock really hard especially if I'd hit cruising speed of 40 and then have to let off the gas. Sometimes it would shake the whole truck bad. Seems to be gone now but I only drove about 5 miles back and forth to work today and didn't even get up to operating temp so I took it easy but all in all I was really surprised at the way the truck felt better today! Thanks Ray!

I was out of town all week so still haven't drove the truck much since the retune. I noticed the same throttle response 'upgrade' as well but thought it was just in my head. I am looking forward to running errands this weekend

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel

Greg

10. Likes watersupply189, Noneck, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for review brother! Glad you see things as worth the expense for a retune. I was just trolling around on the Cummins forum and I saw where they were trying to run my name in ground for charging for a retune...but them tards over there have no idea what it takes to run a business either though.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Thanks for review brother! Glad you see things as worth the expense for a retune. I was just trolling around on the Cummins forum and I saw where they were trying to run my name in ground for charging for a retune...but them tards over there have no idea what it takes to run a business either though.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    There's a reason I flamed them and left a few years ago and it had to do with me mentioning you and them deleting my comments! Sad because there seem to be a couple knowledgeable guys but not worth the aggravation! Thanks Ray for the great tunes and sevice as always! My uncle and buddy both have Cummins Rams that we are thinking about buying vin licenses for and tuning with my tuner so I may be back in touch for more info!

13. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Don’t worry about the little piss ants Ray you are the man

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post