Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel filters

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel filters

So I bought my truck with 14k on it from a actual dodge stealership. Well I get it home after a awful experience and realize that my fuel filter is at 14%. I get kinda aggravated that they would go ahead and change them during the oil change and their “100 some odd point inspection”. I call up there about them taking over a month to pay my trade in off and was told if I couldn’t afford to make the extra payment I wouldn’t have auto draft so that pretty much did it for me and I didn’t even get to asking them about seeing if they would change the fuel filters since it should have been done before they sold it and figured I would ask over the phone since they were a hour away from me. Anyway sorry for rambling do you change both filters every time or every other time,

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel filters

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    So I bought my truck with 14k on it from a actual dodge stealership. Well I get it home after a awful experience and realize that my fuel filter is at 14%. I get kinda aggravated that they would go ahead and change them during the oil change and their “100 some odd point inspection”. I call up there about them taking over a month to pay my trade in off and was told if I couldn’t afford to make the extra payment I wouldn’t have auto draft so that pretty much did it for me and I didn’t even get to asking them about seeing if they would change the fuel filters since it should have been done before they sold it and figured I would ask over the phone since they were a hour away from me. Anyway sorry for rambling do you change both filters every time or every other time,
    Sorry for your shitty experience. But change the fuel filter and water separator roughly every 15k miles. Sooner if you are overly cautious like some of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kflynn318 View Post
    Sorry for your shitty experience. But change the fuel filter and water separator roughly every 15k miles. Sooner if you are overly cautious like some of us.

Alright thanks yea mines a 2016 with only 15k now so they prob have never been changed

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Also I’ve always been a fan of wix for oil and fuel filters but everyone seems to lean towards the Mopar filters, is there a reason or just a preference.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Stick to the Mopar filters unless you change the complete setup like the cat filter conversion

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kflynn318 View Post
    Stick to the Mopar filters unless you change the complete setup like the cat filter conversion

Alright I plan of doing a fass system soon so I will just run Mopar until then.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Also I’ve always been a fan of wix for oil and fuel filters but everyone seems to lean towards the Mopar filters, is there a reason or just a preference.

Fleetguard filters only filters to use oil filter is LF16035 and fuel filter is FS53000 the Mopar filters are made by fleetguard is a Cummins Company

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes kflynn318 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

You can buy oe filters online for cheaper than aftermarket at auto parts stores. Shoot its actually cheaper from the dealer than auto parts stores. Blows my mind. But you musta bought your truck from kernerville dodge LOL.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

10. Likes david3gen, Cumminstrokethis liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    You can buy oe filters online for cheaper than aftermarket at auto parts stores. Shoot its actually cheaper from the dealer than auto parts stores. Blows my mind. But you musta bought your truck from kernerville dodge LOL.
    Nah I was going to go there when I was thinking about buying a manual, but I ran across my truck on car gurus at ilderton dodge. I’ll never go back there

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Nah I was going to go there when I was thinking about buying a manual, but I ran across my truck on car gurus at ilderton dodge. I’ll never go back there
    Really ive never heard anything bad about ilderton. Thered right many dealers i wont buy from again either LOL. Ide have bought a 2016 G56 truck new few years ago if it wasnt for kernersville dodge pulling my credit 10 times when they was supposed to do it once. I went back 3 days later to get it. And their credit pulls hit my credit and took me out of the financing bracket i needed to not have an 800$ payment LOL

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast