Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unknown problem

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Unknown problem

Checked each and every fuse, all ok. Switched around a few of the relays, still nothing. Took the lower dash cover off to check out the switch. All connections are tight and wiring looks good, so I put the key in and still nothing. I unplugged the switch and checked the plug end with a meter and had power. Plugged it back in and put the key in and it works!!! I'm pretty sure the problem is in the switch and am going to replace it very soon. The connection wasn't loose or pulled away and wiring is tight in the plug. Not sure about the switch but when I get the new one I'm gonna take the old one apart and investigate.

2014 2500 CC Bright White 4x4 68RFE 3.42
    MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,
    Air lift 5000 Ultimate by DDP
    16K Super Glide 5er hitch

2. Likes 03 unicorn, TexNeck liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Glad to hear she fired up and hopefully a new switch is all it is

4. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Switch will be here Thursday, and found a locksmith that will program it and the new fob! I did some research on these ignition switches and not only will they do what I've mentioned but it will also shut off while you're driving down the road! I suppose it's a problem but not enough of a problem for recall status. I've just turned 74K miles nnot a lot of city driving where you start and shut off a lot. But, my grandpa told me one time " If its got tires, a mortgage or a pretty smile it's gonna give ya problems"!

MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,

6. Likes 03 unicorn, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Ok, installed the new switch and used my old key and everything worked fine. I was under the impression that the ignition would have to be programmed as well as the key fobs. Could somebody shed some light on this? Is the switch supposed to be programmed to the truck or did I just. Get lucky with it?

MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    Ok, installed the new switch and used my old key and everything worked fine. I was under the impression that the ignition would have to be programmed as well as the key fobs. Could somebody shed some light on this? Is the switch supposed to be programmed to the truck or did I just. Get lucky with it?
    Disclaimer: I don't have experience with these but I would think that the key fob ID would be stored in the ECM/PCM and the button is just for sending the signal to turn the truck on/off. Glad its working!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
    Likes Elliss, Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I hear ya Tex! I'm not a computer tech type mechanic but I sure have spun a lot of wrenchs under the shade tree! Sometimes these new fangled vehicles get a glitch and if ya get back to basics sometimes ya get lucky!??

MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    I hear ya Tex! I'm not a computer tech type mechanic but I sure have spun a lot of wrenchs under the shade tree! Sometimes these new fangled vehicles get a glitch and if ya get back to basics sometimes ya get lucky!??
    I'd rather be lucky than good!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12