Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning with an ELD

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tuning with an ELD

I have a 2018 C+C Ram 5500 here at my office. Actually assigned to me for the time being. It is going to be reassigned soon, to a life of towing a 38ft, 24K lbs gooseneck and they want to have it tuned and have a monitor on it. The ELD it is required to have will need a connection to the obd port. I have DRD on my personal truck, and am trying to push work in that direction. What are my options with the MM3 knowing the ELD has to be plugged in.

Thinking MM3 lite 1 tune, and a monitor. no need to have drivers changing it and doing damage.

For those that aren't sure what ELD is, its now required for any CDL required vehicle where the driver needs to make logs more than 8 times a month. The ELD I have is not happy when unplugged from the truck and looses power. The ELD basically monitors time, location, odometer.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tuning with an ELD

I was thinking for C&C that DRD now only does delete only/stock power. Do you want to delete, or just tune it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I have a 2018 C+C Ram 5500 here at my office. Actually assigned to me for the time being. It is going to be reassigned soon, to a life of towing a 38ft, 24K lbs gooseneck and they want to have it tuned and have a monitor on it. The ELD it is required to have will need a connection to the obd port. I have DRD on my personal truck, and am trying to push work in that direction. What are my options with the MM3 knowing the ELD has to be plugged in.

Thinking MM3 lite 1 tune, and a monitor. no need to have drivers changing it and doing damage.

For those that aren't sure what ELD is, its now required for any CDL required vehicle where the driver needs to make logs more than 8 times a month. The ELD I have is not happy when unplugged from the truck and looses power. The ELD basically monitors time, location, odometer.
    Sounds like a good plan with the Lite tuning - If the ELD is a pass through harness so the MM3 can stay plugged in then I say roll with it.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Might could see if someone has used one with a splitter. May be too much going on and the truck not like it LOL. But never know. Ive got one chillin on my toolbox haha

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Might could see if someone has used one with a splitter. May be too much going on and the truck not like it LOL. But never know. Ive got one chillin on my toolbox haha
    Last I knew MM3 on a splitter is a recipe for problems.
    @TH-64 just a 30 or a 60 tune would be nice. no need for deletes. Its subject to too many DOT inspections, and if caught it is expensive.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    Last I knew MM3 on a splitter is a recipe for problems.
    @TH-64 just a 30 or a 60 tune would be nice. no need for deletes. Its subject to too many DOT inspections, and if caught it is expensive.
    Shoot if thats the case make easy work of it. Have your work pay you decently to use your mm3 buy a vin unlock and tunes . Tune the truck and take the mm3 back off and throw it back on your truck. Then if yall need gauges just do some analog manual ones

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

7. Likes superwagon liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Mm3 or no mm3 i would imagine having 2 devices hooked up thru the obd port would cause issues if people have had issues ya know what i mean?

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Depends on the trucks I guess. My 06 I had my EFI Live CPS5 switch and CTS2 both plugged in full time with no issues. 4th gens are different animals though

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thats why I worry, 2 devices on the obd.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just program the truck directly thru the obd2 port and remove the MM3. Plug your ELD back in and be done. Once it's programmed the MM3 doesnt need to be connected any longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast