Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Question

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Question

Quote Originally Posted by allbizns View Post
    Most of the time those guys steal or reconfigure respectable tuners tunes and claim them as there own or claim them to be from the tuner they copied them from. The problem is you never know where the tune actually came from. Or what they changed in it during the copying/stealing process.
    The other issue is you better hope you never have an issue with the tune because I'm sure most of the Ebay sellers have no idea were to begin to fix any issue you might have. So now you saved $400.00 to get the cheaper set up and have a truck that doesn't run right or not run at all with no support to fix it.

I know some guys are not fans of it but if money is tight at the moment. You could find a RaceMe Ultra from a VERY RELIABLE source and run their box tunes till you save money to get a custom tune. I know thats not the best option but atleast you can get your delete done and be running. Its not custom tuning but I believe its way better than taking a chance with the Ebay tune. Anyone that has tunes for the MM3 can sell you tunes for the RaceMe. They are the same platform.
    I would trust that long before I would take a chance with a unknown package off Ebay.

I can't remember if it was on MM3's website but there is a post somwhere on here I believe that has a list of all the unaproved/unsupported sellers for MM3 and I'm sure 75% of the big Ebay sellers are on that list.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The raceme was kinda the route I was leaning to but most people seem to try to talk me out of it. To me it gives me a platform to start with then buy custom tunes in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    The raceme was kinda the route I was leaning to but most people seem to try to talk me out of it. To me it gives me a platform to start with then buy custom tunes in a few months.

Just be careful on what you pay for a used unit as you can end up spending more when you think your saving a dollar. Example. I paid 600 for a used mm3. Then 150 for vin unlock and then 500 for tuning. So i was at 1200 when i coulda got a new mm3 with tunes from the shop i had tune it for 1200. Just my 2 cents. So if your planning to run drd tunes (which i would if i was you) dont go out and buy a used mm3 for 800$ cuz you will spend a few hundred more once your finished. If im not mistaken you can buy a new blank mm3 for 900. My honest opinion for a used unit that your need tuning and vin license i wouldnt go over 600$.

Last edited by Dwelsh; 02-28-2019 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Typo
    2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Just be careful on what you pay for a used unit as you can end up spending more when you think your saving a dollar. Example. I paid 600 for a used mm3. Then 150 for vin unlock and then 500 for tuning. So i was at 1200 when i coulda got a new mm3 with tunes from the shop i had tune it for 1200. Just my 2 cents. So if your planning to run drd tunes (which i would if i was you) dont go out and buy a used mm3 for 800$ cuz you will spend a few hundred more once your finished. If im not mistaken you can buy a new blank mm3 for 900. My honest opinion for a used unit that your need tuning and vin license i wouldnt go over 600$.
    Just looked on double r's website. And if you buy a used unit for 625 then buy vin license then tuning you come out to the same $ amount of just buying it straight from him for the lite package anyways pretty much everything except sound tunes i believe. And it would be alot less headache just buying new.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Likes allbizns liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

No it like generic tunes I guess, this is why I asked if anyone had ran across this b/c I knew the mm3s come blank

The guys above hit all the major caution points. Another one to look out for when buying used is to know how many VIN unlocks are left. MM3 can only be used on 4 trucks and then it's a paper weight.

I bought my MM3 from a member on here and the process to get a VIN code and tuning was quite painless so don't hesitate to go that route if the price is right.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes TH-64 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for all the help, I’m just going to save a bit more money and just go with a new unit from drd with the lite tunning. I would rather do it right then first time then lift a head or destroy a trans.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Dwelsh, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

A new blank mm3 is 800 bucks
    Then get your membership here and buy drd tunes with 20% off

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Stay away!!

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today
    X2 on stay away from EBay junk wait until you have the money and go with Ray from DRD your truck will thank you

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    A new blank mm3 is 800 bucks
    Then get your membership here and buy drd tunes with 20% off
    It’s cheaper to buy it from him with the tunes and get 10% off

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I dont know your financials. And its teally none of my business. But if you was willing to buy a used one until you saved money for tuning. Why not just take that money use it to buy the mm3 and tuning and then use a credit card on the difference Interest isnt nothing on a few hundred bucks. Credit is good if your smart about it. Cant get nowhere without it LOL just my 2 cents. That way you dont end up spending more money having that wild hair up ur butt. LOL the wild hair always wins????

16. Likes david3gen, Power247 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Actually it's 300 cheaper.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast