Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  109
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Differential Covers

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Good Differential Covers

Looking for recommendations on diff covers.

I’m coming up on a diff fluid change and would like to put on some new covers with drain plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Crewcab Longbed / DRD Spark plugs / 4.10 Gears / 6” BDS 4 lift/ Fox Shox 2.0 / BDS dual Steering Stabilizer / 37x12.5x20 Falken wildpeak AT / 40" Curved LED Light Bar

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I never understood why manufacturers don't have these on them to begin with!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwild View Post
    Looking for recommendations on diff covers. I’m coming up on a diff fluid change and would like to put on some new covers with drain plugs.

Mag-Hytec

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dodge View Post
    Mag-Hytechttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...dFCAaedf4a.jpg

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwild View Post
    Looking for recommendations on diff covers. I’m coming up on a diff fluid change and would like to put on some new covers with drain plugs.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, Joshault, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Mag Hytec and ill shoot you a message my friend.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks Buckwild thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

X2 on Mag Hytec

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Likes watersupply189, david3gen, Snow Dodge liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dodge View Post

It is clean under there!!!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Mag Hytec and ill shoot you a message my friend.
    Awesome thank you

2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Crewcab Longbed / DRD Spark plugs / 4.10 Gears / 6” BDS 4 lift/ Fox Shox 2.0 / BDS dual Steering Stabilizer / 37x12.5x20 Falken wildpeak AT / 40" Curved LED Light Bar

15. Top Of Page | #10
    I decided on the factory finned aluminum HD diff cover designed by AAM, or rather a duplicate of the factory HD option made by Yukon Gear. Waiting for the shipment to arrive. Banks has a pretty interesting series of videos on diff covers. I know a lot of people have negative things to say about Gale Banks, but if you watch all 4 or 5 videos it's pretty hard to argue with what you see. The issue is how fluid flows inside. The large capacity flat back covers don't smoothly channel the fuid along the ring gear up and over the top. You want a solid flow of diff oil hitting the pinion gear where it is really needed. The Yukon HD finned aluminum cover has that same general interior shape as the stamped steel one that comes on our trucks which allows for proper oil flow, although it does not have a drain plug which was kinda a bummer. It does have a reusable factory style gasket, so I figured inspecting what's under the cover when I change fluid isn't such a bad idea. Banks is developing a cover with better or at least more stock-like fluid dynamics and finned aluminum, but I read that he is working to enhance the cooling by adding some kind of small ram air scoop on the bottom to aid in cooling and channel moving air to the slipstream behind the diff. Cool idea, but seems geared towards heavy haulers and performance trucks that spend most of their time on pavement. I imagine it would get mudded up pretty fast with anytime off-road. Anyways, there's my two cents.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

16. Likes watersupply189, dieseljeeper, 12W3500 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast