Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  109
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Good Differential Covers

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Good Differential Covers

I'm still stuck on people being salty about Gale Banks.

Forgive me, I'm new here, but what could possibly be the problem with Banks?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 18ram67 View Post
    I'm still stuck on people being salty about Gale Banks. Forgive me, I'm new here, but what could possibly be the problem with banks?
    I don't think there's any problems with banks quality.

For the money though, there are plenty of good options, and better options in my opinion.

Flashy, smoke and mirror gimmicks are not what sells me.

Things like the air intake scoop just really turn me off.

All this is just my opinion, but you asked.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Top Of Page | #33
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 18ram67 View Post
    I'm still stuck on people being salty about Gale Banks.

Forgive me, I'm new here, but what could possibly be the problem with Banks?
    I'm not anti-Banks.

But my personal experience with there products claims did not live up to what was said.

If I would have had the slightest improvement as on the package claims I would have been happy.

But after spending several hundred dollars for each product, and receiving NO improvement, I can't give them anymore of my cash and this was with ever product of theirs.

It could have been my mistake installing the products, but when they were installed, it was with the Banks approved sellers.

So I can't talk positive for them.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks Electrojake thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

This got off topic but 1 more thing. I feel they left everyone hanging when things in the industry got tough. They havent had tuning for nothing since 2010 that I can tell. Others kept with what everyone wanted. Some paid a price. Banks was just like oh well its was a good run, and called it quits.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Thanks 18ram67 thanked for this post
    Likes 18ram67, watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN, 12W3500 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Good Differential Covers

Mag-Hytec differential covers and tranny pans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

Rear Mag-Hytec & tranny pan also stock front.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

11. Likes watersupply189, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Ill get to the diffs when I get to them, something like that.

The reason I chose Mag-Hytec was because ever major 68RFE builder says they use this, that was good enough for me.

They were also on sale for 285 shipped, I think PPE dropped the price of their trans pans and Mag followed.

Also that is a ATS thermal bypass, I chose that one over every other brand because I liked the color, kinda wish they made a purple model.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Jeff: How many qts to refill?

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

15. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Jeff: How many qts to refill?
    Drained everything, and let it drain overnight.

I got 11 quarts and I put 14 in, since Mag says 2.5 to 4, I just did the middle.

It is a little over the line/bubble, so when I go to drain the fluid again whatever comes out I'll subtract 1 if I need more then half a quart, see how that does.

Changed the valve body, and they recommend a fluid change in 1000 miles to be safe, cheap insurance.

Valvoline ATF+4

FB_IMG_1599043249060.jpg

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

16. Thanks watersupply189, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Changed out the filters on the trans, I am going to say 3 quarts for my truck is perfect for the Mag.

It is right over the line by a hair, I can't get it any lower without being under.

Now onto actual differential covers.

Got the PML installed, my only complaint is the gasket that comes with the kit is an old style cheap one.

The factory double sided (lube locker gasket style) I feel was far superior.

Since mine only had 9.5 k miles I just reused it, otherwise I would have bought a lube locker.

I'll buy the front one in the near future.

I used valvoline 75-140 synpower full synthetic.

IMG_20200928_181214__01.jpg

IMG_20200928_153025.jpg

18. Thanks AK Bob, SyN, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, SyN, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast