User Info Menu

I was thinking BD

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwild View Post
    Yeah I watched all the banks videos a few months ago. Definitely seems like interesting research. I’m sure their covers will be very well performing and PRICEY. I’m really just looking for a good, reasonably priced cover that has a drain plug. I tow a lot and change my fluid every 15k... getting tired of not having a drain plug. It’s a work truck and I’ll be sticking with stockish power so I think aside from the lack of availability the banks may be a bit overkill for me. The Mag-hytec ones seem to be a happy medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve never had one problem with my MagHytec diff covers on my 2012 or my 97 stay away from Banks anything he is total bullshit he lies about his results all he has is his name and I put Banks Powerpack on my 97 and his numbers weren’t even close to numbers he’d advertised.

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I'm going with PML in the spring - inside shell design is similar to the OEM inside design... "Not one bit concerned about improper lubrication flow"...
    "Rear PML Cover has been installed"

The PPE 68RFE pan just arrived - after its installed (Fall 2020) - I will work on ordering a PML front differential cover...

EDIT: I've never heard of a rearend grenading or having a premature death due to a aftermarket rearend cover.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I would have to agree after watching series recently!

I have already picked up a set of covers and have not installed them yet.. probably going up for resale.

Wish I had watched series first .. sometimes bigger or different isn’t better than factory.. especially if not engineered properly...the one I chose for the rear was b&m and had bolts that put pressure on carrier bearings that looked like great engineering but I haven’t looked in the cover after video.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What year truck did you install this Yukon diff cover on a 2500, or 3500?

Did you have any problems with sway bar interference?

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pullin_Chocks View Post
    What year truck did you install this Yukon diff cover on a 2500, or 3500?

Did you have any problems with sway bar interference?
    @Pullin_Chocks I have the Yukon rear diff cover that Rusty_Shackleford mentioned in his post.

I picked it because it looks like a direct copy of AAM's finned cover, interior channels to boot.

I have a 2010 so no sway bars so I can't speak to that.

The install was easy and no leaks.

If you measure how far your sway bars are away from your stock cover I can go measure for you.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27
    Who here has replaced their FRONT diff cover?

I am set on getting the Banks rear cover but would like to replace the front as well with something with a drain plug and stock fluid capacity is fine with me.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Good Differential Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Cover View Post
    Who here has replaced their FRONT diff cover? I am set on getting the Banks rear cover but would like to replace the front as well with something with a drain plug and stock fluid capacity is fine with me.
    I feel Banks is overrated for the cost factor.

You can get front covers from one of our vendors or using an internet search.

Been so long since I changed my front and I can't remember where I bought it.

It's just a cover with fill and drain holes.

I've had no problems with mine.

It's not a high performance part.

Save some money for the important items and just get a cover that will work.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

16. Likes RATLIN'HP, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    I'm going with PML in the spring - inside shell design is similar to the OEM inside design... "Not one bit concerned about improper lubrication flow"...
    "Rear PML Cover has been installed"

The PPE 68RFE pan just arrived - after its installed (Spring 2020) - I will work on ordering a PML front differential cover...
    This is exactly who I am going with, it does not have a giant logo and works without sway bar spacers.

For the banks, I was really upset that PML was not in the list of covers he competed against.

Also for the factory 3500 finned cover if it did have a drain plug or if Yukon just added one, that is what I would have ordered.

The website of PML if anyone has not seem their products.

https://yourcovers.com/

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

18. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I researched the rear covers for quite some time - found the PML to have a very similar inside design to the OEM cover!

I never even gave the Banks a look due to the idiotic price tag!

Next service on my rear differential - I will add some Teflon tape to the top and bottom screw in plugs. (2 Wraps) both have a slight oily residue building up on the outside of cover.

Still have plans on installing my PPE 68RFE pan in the Fall (Oct-Nov) - I'm not doing it in this 100*F weather! (Spring come and went way to fast) to many family things going on...

Rear Air Bags might become a higher priority over the front differential cover.

A Pan or Cover without a drain plug is totally useless to Me... (Since I bought her New with 9 miles on the OD) I know how she has been driven and treated so I have no reason to remove each with every service...

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

20. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast