Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  59
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Familiar With The ATS Aurora 3000 VFR For The 6.7L Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Anyone Familiar With The ATS Aurora 3000 VFR For The 6.7L Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Skibyak View Post
    I'll take a message with whatever info you have to share on the ats vfr.

Trying to compare the options currently.
    PM sent.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone Familiar With The ATS Aurora 3000 VFR For The 6.7L Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalDiesel View Post
    I am interested to hear some feedback.

I got 4 of them now to choose between the fleece cheetah, the bd screamer, and the ats 3000/4000 VFR.

I got some time before making the purchase, but there isn't much info out there for comparison on these 4 VGT turbos.
    I think we'd all like to see a direct comparison of these units.

My '08's turbo & actuator are toast, so I'll be doing a swap as soon as I can get reasonable data.

Leaning toward ATS VFR 4000 stage 2.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

I would also like info on these turbos as I need one soon.

I would also like to know the difference between the BD and speed steed manifolds.

Hate the idea of having to wait a month for a manifold.

Thanks, Pete.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor G View Post
    I Talked to ATS, and they said they are coming out with a 4000 series in August that has more performance than the 3000.

I am getting intermittent turbo controller codes, so I'm also thinking turbo upgrade, but probably worth trying to clean the stock one to see if that fixes it before spending the money.

I haven't looked at the Cheetah yet.
    I want to wait to see if this new ATS 4000 has anything to do with the Banshee/VNT Controller, aka ATD Intellibosst VNT/VGT Controller.

I want to wait, but I'm thinking.

Compounds are the way I want to go.

17' 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L with MM3 by Tyler at T&K Performance , Revmax 700 68RFE , Industrial Injection Silver 69 Turblower, BBI Stage 1.5 injectors, Fleece PowerFlo 750 CP3, Fleece PowerFlo lift pump ARP 625 head studs, Hamilton Valve Springs & Pushrods FLEECE POWERFLOW 10MM coming off this weekend and S&S 12mm going on..

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I'll take a PM as well.

I need a new turbo for my 2014.

2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
    Out of the shop: New Turbo, Exhaust work, Studding and MM3 tuner and tunes

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

What is the big difference between the VGT and fixed vein?

Why do so many guys go away from VGT, and what benefits do staying with a VGT have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I recently had a stock VGT blow up.

I was looking at the bd screamer or the Cheetah.

Then I found a company in New York called Turbotimeusa.

They were super helpful.

They are not a well-known own company yet as they have been in business for a couple le years.

Check out their website.

I ordered the stage 2 dominator which is spec’d pretty close to the screamer.

14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SKIBBEE4thGEN View Post
    What is the big difference between the VGT and fixed vein?

Why do so many guys go away from VGT, and what benefits do staying with a VGT have?

I should probably let others who have made the switch explain, but here are some of my thoughts.

Most people go away from the VGT for simplicity and reliability.

A fixed vein turbo eliminates the actuator and can be sized for a particular desired HP and task such as towing or street racing.

The downside is the loss of exhaust brake, although in some cases one can be added later.

The VGT is more complicated and less reliable due to the actuator and the possibility of carbon making the veins stick.

On the plus side the VGT offers the built in exhaust brake and is more versatile for different tasks in one size as it’s basically a variable speed turbo.

Just my thoughts, hopefully others will comment.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Top Of Page | #29

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I should probably let others who have made the switch explain, but here are some of my thoughts.

Most people go away from the VGT for simplicity and reliability.

A fixed vein turbo eliminates the actuator and can be sized for a particular desired HP and task such as towing or street racing.

The downside is the loss of exhaust brake, although in some cases one can be added later.

The VGT is more complicated and less reliable due to the actuator and the possibility of carbon making the veins stick.

On the plus side the VGT offers the built in exhaust brake and is more versatile for different tasks in one size as it’s basically a variable speed turbo.

Just my thoughts, hopefully others will comment.
    I love my exhaust brake.

I was looking to see what it would cost to put one in if I got a fixed van turbo, and it seemed like it was somewhere between 1500 and $2000.

I think I’m gonna do some research as I was pretty set on going with a fixed van turbo when I do the upgrade.

Now I’m kind of curious

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #30

So I've had the 3000 VFR for about 2 years now on my 2012, G56 truck with their Aurora 7500 twin kit. Im running stock fuel but should be making around 600hp. I'm on my 2nd complete turbo, and just had the 2nd cartridge replaced under warranty. 1st turbo seemed super laggy and the exhaust brake was crap. Thought it may have been my Calibrated Power tuner. Changed tuners and made my truck awesome, but no change in the exhaust brake. Contacted ATS and performed an actuator rehoming with no success. ATS sent me a new turbo and sent the original back. Ran the 2nd turbo for about 1 year and was in the middle of replacing my head after a blown HG, noticed the oil pressure feed fitting was loose when I removed the turbo. When I went to reinstall, the threads stripped out tightening by hand with a 3" ratchet handle. Contacted ATS and they said they would repair it and I had to ship the turbo in, 1 or 2 day turn around. Shipped that turbo out and they indeed replaced the entire bearing cartridge in 1 day. Installed the turbo and noticed that now the exhaust brake hits 100% travel much sooner than the previous turbo would. Normally when my EB turned on it would hit 85% and hunt up and down to 91% back and forth causing the truck to buck a little bit until the boost would drop down to around 2-3psi, then fully activate to 100% braking position. ATS supposedly has all new parts or parts they manufactured to be better than stock holset stuff. The actuator is the same factory Holset though. Before this last turbo, I thought the Holset actuator was the weak link and couldn't handle what boost my twin kit makes when decelerating. Almost swapped to the City Diesel actuator but didn't want to spend the money. ATS has a GREAT warranty and they've always taken care of me with both of my twin turbo's issues.

Thought I would share even though I have the earlier style turbo but they are basically the same besides the actuators.

18. Thanks watersupply189, SKIBBEE4thGEN thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123