Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2018 Dealer Recalls on tuned truck

1. Top Of Page | #1

2018 Dealer Recalls on tuned truck

Just wanted to take a minute to share my experience with dealer recalls and tuning installed on truck. I am sure there are some folks that have the same concerns, this might help.

2018 Ram 2500. After tuning the truck i got a phone call from the dealership letting me know i had overdue recalls. I guess they assume everyone gets their maintenance done at the dealership so they will take care of them when they come in, problem is i do my own. I was a little concerned with the dealer hooking into the truck with all the work i had just done, so i asked what the recalls would involve. The recalls were 1. shift interlock (flashed BCM) 2. Occupant restraint control module (Flashed ORC) 3. Clearance lamps replaced (apparently they look up the code of the installer to see if they require replacement). Talked to Ray and he said it should be fine and if it did cause problems, to simply flash the tune back to it. The mechanic let me come back with him while he did the recalls and everything was fine after the fact. No check engine lights and the truck is still running on the tune and setting i had before i took it in.

2. Thanks 25-06 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 Dealer Recalls on tuned truck

I always just set mine back to stock before I took in and then reflash it when I got back home.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 Dealer Recalls on tuned truck

Glad it went well. You may have to reset TPMS or something if the flash BCM. Only time you should need to reflash tune is if they flash the PCM

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Likes 25-06 liked this post