Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Throttle valve delete kit, gasket fell apart, cant find the pieces

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Throttle valve delete kit, gasket fell apart, cant find the pieces

So, I bought all my delete stuff and did everything yesterday. Exhaust, egr, throttle valve. Started truck the and the turbo would not spool like normal, so took it for a test drive after looking everything over. The turbo made a weird groaning sound, but appeared to still provide boost.. I got home and left truck running. When I popped hood I could see the gasket between the throttle body delete piece and intake horn popped out in one place. I could feel air rushing out where the gasket was supposed to be. I pulled it apart and only found about half of the gasket, the rest is gone!

So should I be worried that it could have gotten up into the horn and motor, or is more likely that it blew out, like the piece I seen? I could pull the horn to see if pieces are on the grid heater, but dont have a new gasket for the intake horn. Also, if their was a leak like this, would it cause the turbo to sound diffrent when spooling? Thanks for any help or insight!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Throttle valve delete kit, gasket fell apart, cant find the pieces

Quote Originally Posted by MightyZ View Post
    So, I bought all my delete stuff and did everything yesterday. Exhaust, egr, throttle valve. Started truck the and the turbo would not spool like normal, so took it for a test drive after looking everything over. The turbo made a weird groaning sound, but appeared to still provide boost.. I got home and left truck running. When I popped hood I could see the gasket between the throttle body delete piece and intake horn popped out in one place. I could feel air rushing out where the gasket was supposed to be. I pulled it apart and only found about half of the gasket, the rest is gone!

So should I be worried that it could have gotten up into the horn and motor, or is more likely that it blew out, like the piece I seen? I could pull the horn to see if pieces are on the grid heater, but dont have a new gasket for the intake horn. Also, if their was a leak like this, would it cause the turbo to sound diffrent when spooling? Thanks for any help or insight!

You may be surprised but check around the engine bay. It may be hanging in there and make you feel a lot better. If it's not found i would definitely start pulling a few things off to check. Were any of the bolts loose? Or was it just possibly installed incorrectly by accident?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I did check the engine bay, floor anywhere and everywhere, pieces are mia. Nothing was loose, thought I installed well, but thought about if the bolts might have been a bit long? Because with it tightened up, there is a good gap, and the gasket is not that thick, once I looked closer today. This was the cheaper CNS kit off ebay. The block off plates all fit but, most the bolts and nuts didn't fit anything I could find.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I personally would pull the intake horn off- my guess is the grid heater would catch the gasket depending on how big it was

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post