Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.7 tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

6.7 tuning

Hey guys. Just a quick question about tuning platforms. I see a lot of guys on here are using the mm3. I’ve done some research on it and I like some of the features it offers. But I’ve seen some really great features offered with efi live and ez lynk. If anyone has had any experience with these, I’d be interested in hearing what you like or dislike about them. Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 6.7 tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminsforlife! View Post
    Hey guys. Just a quick question about tuning platforms. I see a lot of guys on here are using the mm3. I’ve done some research on it and I like some of the features it offers. But I’ve seen some really great features offered with efi live and ez lynk. If anyone has had any experience with these, I’d be interested in hearing what you like or dislike about them. Thanks
    Ive had experince with efi. No complaints. But mm3 is the way to go cuz of everything you can do with it. And you have a monitor

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Thanks Cumminsforlife! thanked for this post
    Likes Cumminsforlife! liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Ive had experince with efi. No complaints. But mm3 is the way to go cuz of everything you can do with it. And you have a monitor
    That’s one of the main things I liked about it too

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I mean really with efi by the time you buy a monitor your at the same price as mm3 and you still cant adjust tire pressures or nothing. As far as ez lynk. Its cool and techey. And its what i would get for a powerstroke or duramax but with the cummins its mm3

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

6. Thanks Cumminsforlife! thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ezlynk has worked great for me and all my customers. If I wasn't happy with my current tune I would go with mm3 but I don't drive much so I would probably tune and remove it to keep from killing my batteries. So I would have to hook it back up to change power levels. With the ezlynk I have a sotf tune so it's tuned, switch installed and tuner removed, the switch still let's my change my levels when and as needed. You can also tune a endless number of vehicles with one ezlynk box.

8. Thanks Cumminsforlife! thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sorry this is a bit off topic since it relates to MM3 and not ez link but stick with me. Being able to adjust TPMS down to 20psi is worth it alone IMO. Running 75+PSI in the rear tires is not ideal especially if you run oversized. These trucks rides way better with 50-65psi in the rear. You can do this with no annoying light or tape on your dash.

Like others have said EFI is cool and techy since you can hook it to your phone or tablet for parameters. I would think about your mounting solution for your phone/tablet if you want to run gauges full time also.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I prefer smarty tuning, . Had it on my 09 with the old tnt files, swapped it for efi live and I've regretted it ever since. I'd give my left nut to have my old set up back.. efi live doesn't compare to smarty files

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'm sold on the MM3. One device does everything and DRD has the best tunes/customer service I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Both platforms get the job done but I personally think MM3 is the way to go for a Cummins.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Cumminsforlife! thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt543 View Post
    I prefer smarty tuning, . Had it on my 09 with the old tnt files, swapped it for efi live and I've regretted it ever since. I'd give my left nut to have my old set up back.. efi live doesn't compare to smarty files
    Not going to light a match here but whoever provided your EFI files is to blame. Smarty is the best box tuner for Cummins. EFI and MM3 tunes are only as good as the person creating the files. Good tuning files for EFI and or MM3 will give more power, less smoke, and lower EGTs

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes GraveyBoat liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Not going to light a match here but whoever provided your EFI files is to blame. Smarty is the best box tuner for Cummins. EFI and MM3 tunes are only as good as the person creating the files. Good tuning files for EFI and or MM3 will give more power, less smoke, and lower EGTs
    To solidify this, honestly DRD was a HUGE reason I went Mm3. I almost dare to say you pick your platform based on who is writing the tunes.

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

16. Thanks Cumminsforlife! thanked for this post
    Likes Cumminsforlife!, midnightcummins liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast