Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlights

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Headlights

So I’ve tried to search on here before I ask, I was bought some new headlight and taillights by my wife. I revive them today as a surprise and unbox them and realize the headlights are a single bulb headlight and I have 2 in my factory ones. Is there anyway I can use these do they make a conversion harness or do I need to send them back and get different ones, I’m assuming if I put them in I will get a headlight out message.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Headlights

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    So I’ve tried to search on here before I ask, I was bought some new headlight and taillights by my wife. I revive them today as a surprise and unbox them and realize the headlights are a single bulb headlight and I have 2 in my factory ones. Is there anyway I can use these do they make a conversion harness or do I need to send them back and get different ones, I’m assuming if I put them in I will get a headlight out message.
    The plug is the same for the single bulb vs dual bulb. You should be fine.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Alright thank you, but is that going to prevent me from having a high beam even with a h13 bulb since I’m the harness the high beam is a separate bulb? only reason I ask is b/c I live in Nc and you have to have a low and high beam in order to pass inspection.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    The plug is the same for the single bulb vs dual bulb. You should be fine.

Greg
    Alright thank you, but is that going to prevent me from having a high beam even with a h13 bulb since I’m the harness the high beam is a separate bulb? only reason I ask is b/c I live in Nc and you have to have a low and high beam in order to pass inspection.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm in NC too, High Point area. In the quad headlight the splitter is in the headlight, after the connection at the main harness. The thing I can't remember is if you need an adapter to go between the plug on the truck and the H13 bulb...

Greg

Greg

9. Thanks Hootie thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I'm in NC too, High Point area. In the quad headlight the splitter is in the headlight, after the connection at the main harness. The thing I can't remember is if you need an adapter to go between the plug on the truck and the H13 bulb...

Greg
    Oh so your not far from me I’m from Salisbury, I’m not sure I’ve looked up like a conversion harness and could only find one for the 2nd gens. I guess I’ll give it a try I was trying to prevent doing more work then I needed too if they weren’t going to work.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Oh so your not far from me I’m from Salisbury, I’m not sure I’ve looked up like a conversion harness and could only find one for the 2nd gens. I guess I’ll give it a try I was trying to prevent doing more work then I needed too if they weren’t going to work.
    Good deal man, you're not far from me at all. The good thing is that it only takes a few minutes to pull a headlight so either it will plug up or it won't. Are the new lights factory replacements or something 'more aftermarket'?

Greg

Greg

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Good deal man, you're not far from me at all. The good thing is that it only takes a few minutes to pull a headlight so either it will plug up or it won't. Are the new lights factory replacements or something 'more aftermarket'?

Greg
    Alright boss thanks for the help I actually bought my truck from the dodge dealership up there in high point back in dec.

15. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Greg
    They are aftermarket i didn’t read the whole post my bad.

17. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Welcome sorry I don't know about you lights but I'm in Salisbury also. Can you post a picture of your truck and I'll keep an eye out for it

19. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast