Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headlights

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Headlights

Can you give us the year and make,model of your truck?
    What kind of lights did she get you?
    LED, HID?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

2. Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Can you give us the year and make,model of your truck?
    What kind of lights did she get you?
    LED, HID?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    2016 2500 bighorn and they are just smoked headlights off eBay, I would post a pic but I can’t figure out how to on my phone. They came with just normal bulbs I just have the quad head lights and these just have the single bulb. I looked on their eBay site and it says they will work but that’s all it says, I’m just trying to figure out how since I have a extra harness for my high beams and it doesn’t have a conversion harness or anything with them. I don’t understand how I will have a high beam if it sends power to the second bulb and only one harness will be plugged in.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    2016 2500 bighorn and they are just smoked headlights off eBay, I would post a pic but I can’t figure out how to on my phone. They came with just normal bulbs I just have the quad head lights and these just have the single bulb. I looked on their eBay site and it says they will work but that’s all it says, I’m just trying to figure out how since I have a extra harness for my high beams and it doesn’t have a conversion harness or anything with them. I don’t understand how I will have a high beam if it sends power to the second bulb and only one harness will be plugged in.
    Hmmmm that I couldn’t tell ya? Mine is a Laramie with the projector low beams and a separate for high beam. I rigged a switch on my gear shifter and use my LED bar light for high beams. I don’t think I’ve ever used my headlight high beams. LOL

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Hmmmm that I couldn’t tell ya? Mine is a Laramie with the projector low beams and a separate for high beam. I rigged a switch on my gear shifter and use my LED bar light for high beams. I don’t think I’ve ever used my headlight high beams. LOL

I planned on doing leds or hids but I have to have a normal high beam to pass inspection in Nc that’s the only reason I am concerned, it’s only a safety since it’s a 2500 but they always check the low and high beam everywhere I’ve been.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I planned on doing leds or hids but I have to have a normal high beam to pass inspection in Nc that’s the only reason I am concerned, it’s only a safety since it’s a 2500 but they always check the low and high beam everywhere I’ve been.
    Understand that. I live in NC also. Asheville. If you do go with LED’s or HID’s make sure when you order the bulbs to also get canBUS adapters or else your bulbs may or may not work. The canBUS in our trucks are very finicky when it comes to using bulbs that draw less power.

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Understand that. I live in NC also. Asheville. If you do go with LED’s or HID’s make sure when you order the bulbs to also get canBUS adapters or else your bulbs may or may not work. The canBUS in our trucks are very finicky when it comes to using bulbs that draw less power.

Alright thanks for the info on the bulbs, I might just call the place she bought them and see what they say I just figured I would ask on here first. Most of these people have no idea anything about what they are actually selling most of the time.

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    The plug is the same for the single bulb vs dual bulb. You should be fine.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Agreed. You can get the right bulb for the High Beams. 3rd gen HID, the move the bulb in and out in the housing. Not that good. I never use the highs anyway. The 5000 HID's are plenty bright

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 03 unicorn View Post
    Welcome sorry I don't know about you lights but I'm in Salisbury also. Can you post a picture of your truck and I'll keep an eye out for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, 03 unicorn liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Sweet ride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12