Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removed black vinyl from B pillar

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Removed black vinyl from B pillar

Just wanted to share, took me 3 years to realize that it was painted underneath. I never liked the look of the vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Crewcab Longbed / DRD Spark plugs / 4.10 Gears / 6” BDS 4 lift/ Fox Shox 2.0 / BDS dual Steering Stabilizer / 37x12.5x20 Falken wildpeak AT / 40" Curved LED Light Bar

2. Likes Dwelsh, Power247, david3gen, Kirk N liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Removed black vinyl from B pillar

Looks good man! Exactly how mine is!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

An old restoration trick for that stuff is Easy Off. You just have to be a bit careful with it. You want to wipe off any just laying on the exposed paint. Although factory paint jobs are much more resistant than a repaint.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I did mine last year. I agree that it looks much better without it on there. Now... If they put the gloss black acrylic covers that they have on the Durango I might be tempted to keep it on.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I did this to my 98.5 and loved the look. I've been thinking about my 2012, and you have given me the motivation. Nice mod.

2012 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 auto deleted Mini Maxx studded on 35's

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwild View Post
    Just wanted to share, took me 3 years to realize that it was painted underneath. I never liked the look of the vinyl.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e36e16bc27.jpg

I want to do this, but I just can’t get past the fact that the window trim extends that far over. It doesn’t look right to me because of this.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ef_n_dirtysouth View Post
    I want to do this, but I just can’t get past the fact that the window trim extends that far over. It doesn’t look right to me because of this.

I hear ya, it’s a little funky. But even with that trim it still looks a million times better than that vinyl to me. If you do it and don’t like it you could always put a gloss black vinyl on it which I think would also look way better

2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Crewcab Longbed / DRD Spark plugs / 4.10 Gears / 6” BDS 4 lift/ Fox Shox 2.0 / BDS dual Steering Stabilizer / 37x12.5x20 Falken wildpeak AT / 40" Curved LED Light Bar

11. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwild View Post
    I hear ya, it’s a little funky. But even with that trim it still looks a million times better than that vinyl to me. If you do it and don’t like it you could always put a gloss black vinyl on it which I think would also look way better

I have some left over wrap from wrapping my door handles and bumpers. I might just pull it and see how I feel about it. The factory stuff is starting to crack anyways.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ef_n_dirtysouth View Post
    I have some left over wrap from wrapping my door handles and bumpers. I might just pull it and see how I feel about it. The factory stuff is starting to crack anyways.

How’d it go wrapping your handles and bumpers? I have been thinking about doing it.

13. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Went great, I paid someone to do it LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast