Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: 2016 new motor ?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2016 new motor ?

At roughly 80k miles my 2016 2500 developed an oil leak. Dealer replaced front main seal. I pick it up and less than an hour later discover an even worse leak. This time they say front cover defective not allowing the front seal to seat properly. Pick it up again to find it again leaking 3 days later. This time they say it’s the rear front cover(idk the proper name but the one with the timing gears inside) they replace it and I pick up up. About a week later leaking again. 4th time. They say high pressure oil line seal to injector pump. I pick it up again at roughly 86k miles now since the first trip. 3000 miles later 90k almost on the dot it’s leaking again. Chrysler corporate is saying a new motor is likely. Has anyone dealt with this? If the new motor is the route what gets reused from the original? Turbo? Injectors? Injection pump? Head?

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2016 new motor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachtrox View Post
    At roughly 80k miles my 2016 2500 developed an oil leak. Dealer replaced front main seal. I pick it up and less than an hour later discover an even worse leak. This time they say front cover defective not allowing the front seal to seat properly. Pick it up again to find it again leaking 3 days later. This time they say it’s the rear front cover(idk the proper name but the one with the timing gears inside) they replace it and I pick up up. About a week later leaking again. 4th time. They say high pressure oil line seal to injector pump. I pick it up again at roughly 86k miles now since the first trip. 3000 miles later 90k almost on the dot it’s leaking again. Chrysler corporate is saying a new motor is likely. Has anyone dealt with this? If the new motor is the route what gets reused from the original? Turbo? Injectors? Injection pump? Head?
    That’s a bunch of BS never heard of so little mileage with so many problems I’ve owned 4 Cummins motors and the only oil problem leak I had was on my 97 12valve with the KDP which I fixed it was front cover between timing gear cover that’s was around 200,000 miles and the 6.7 Cummins were completely changed and I have put on a million miles plus on my motors

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The Cummins is 100% the only reason I own the truck. Corporate case manager is supposed to get me lined out with the dealer Monday so I suppose it will be Tuesday-Thursday before I hear a path forward. I’ll definitely keep this updated with what they decide though.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Your not deleted?

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

8. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No. Waited on the warranty and now I’m thankful I did. Egr delete and pusher manifold at my house, 5” tbe on order. Just waiting on 100k

10. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Update: dealer replaced timing case as well as all associated gaskets. Called me to come pick it up but that it was still leaking. I live in south Louisiana and had to go to work in McPherson Kansas. (Chrysler was aware of my work situation) I was advised to check the oil every 100-150 miles. Over the 900 mile trip it leaked right at a gallon of oil. Everything under the truck is COVERED in oil. Chrysler made me an appointment with a dealer close to where I’m working. It was dropped off there this past Tuesday (3-5-19). Thursday Chrysler called to tell me that dealer had ordered a new timing case cover... same part another dealer just replaced less than a week ago. Case manager then went back and found the notes where that had been done... what gives? What to do?

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zachtrox View Post
    Update: dealer replaced timing case as well as all associated gaskets. Called me to come pick it up but that it was still leaking. I live in south Louisiana and had to go to work in McPherson Kansas. (Chrysler was aware of my work situation) I was advised to check the oil every 100-150 miles. Over the 900 mile trip it leaked right at a gallon of oil. Everything under the truck is COVERED in oil. Chrysler made me an appointment with a dealer close to where I’m working. It was dropped off there this past Tuesday (3-5-19). Thursday Chrysler called to tell me that dealer had ordered a new timing case cover... same part another dealer just replaced less than a week ago. Case manager then went back and found the notes where that had been done... what gives? What to do?
    Now that chrysler is involved you should be very happy LOL. I have heard nothing but good things when they get involved. Dude ive talked to that goes to a shop i used to work at actually had a truck with a vibration at 61 mph. Dealer Replaced the trans a few times. Chrysler got involed and paid him for the last trans he bought. And they bought the truck back so their engineers could figure out what it was LOL. So rest assured your truck WILL get fixed i have no doubt about that.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

14. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post