Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: MM3 draining battery

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 draining battery

Hey guys If my truck sits for any extended length of time will the MM3 drain my battery.

I ask because I just installed mine and the truck has sat in the shop for about a week and a half after the install with out moving. When I went to pull the truck out tonight the batteries were dead. That is the only new thing that I have added in that time so I just assumed that might be the issue. I find it hard to believe its the batteries being the truck is only 11mo old but anything is possible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 draining battery

You may need to unplug it I thought mine was to until I figured out my 11 month old batteries were junk. Upgraded to the Interstate AGM. Problem gone. When cold weather hit the 11 month batteries got very weak.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Did you tune with it and then park it? Did you just hook it up as a monitor? If you tuned and then didn't run it long enough to recharge the batteries then to my understanding if the batteries are left weak and anything is plugged into the obd it will not shut it down and put everything to sleep. If your truck will be sitting for weeks at a time I would unplug the mm3 from the obd regardless.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Did you tune with it and then park it? Did you just hook it up as a monitor? If you tuned and then didn't run it long enough to recharge the batteries then to my understanding if the batteries are left weak and anything is plugged into the obd it will not shut it down and put everything to sleep. If your truck will be sitting for weeks at a time I would unplug the mm3 from the obd regardless.
    Thanks the more I read this seems to be the case. Looks like I will just keep it unplugged from the OBD port when it sits. Looks like I need to get another C-Tek tender to keep one on the truck. There are times it can sit for weeks at a time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post