Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Lift Pump

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Question Lift Pump

Hi, I have come to the conclusion that my fuel pressure is lower than it should be, and I was told to upgrade my lift pump to an Air Dog, or Fass. Now I'm trying to decide which one is the better system and what size to put in? I want to run my Smarty, and other than that, the truck is stock. I need help....Thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I had an Air Dog and had some problems with it. It was replaced 3 times in 5 years, and there was more.

I went with this. http://truckwurx.com/stock-moderate-...l-cummins.html

You can get a plain lift pump too, but forthe money, the better water and air extraction system helps a lot. Not to mention the messy filter changes go away as well

I haven't heard 1/2 the problems with the Fass and it appears to be a better made pump. Heavy sucker. I'll be posting some pictures of my mounting brackets too.

By going with the air separation, you'll get better mileage and performance too

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Thanks jzajicek thanked for this post
    Likes jzajicek liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have a raptor 100 on my truck. It was on it when I bought the truck but it seems to work well. Still trying to save up for some accurate gauges.

5. Likes jzajicek liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I had an Air Dog and had some problems with it. It was replaced 3 times in 5 years, and there was more.

You can get a plain lift pump too, but forthe money, the better water and air extraction system helps a lot. Not to mention the messy filter changes go away as well

I haven't heard 1/2 the problems with the Fass and it appears to be a better made pump. Heavy sucker. I'll be posting some pictures of my mounting brackets too.

Yeah I was kind of leaning more towards FASS also. Does it matter if I were to get a 95 gph or a 150 gph pump? Would the 150 be to much for my stock stuff now? I am looking to upgrade down the road and don't want to have to buy a bigger one.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzajicek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post

Yeah I was kind of leaning more towards FASS also. Does it matter if I were to get a 95 gph or a 150 gph pump? Would the 150 be to much for my stock stuff now? I am looking to upgrade down the road and don't want to have to buy a bigger one.
    No it's just the volume rating. I would start there. I saw your other thread about the VP and turbo. You'll need injectors. I would go 150 if that's the plan of the future.

http://truckwurx.com/moderate-extrem...l-cummins.html

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah that's my plan down the road LOL Thanks for the help, that was one of the big questions I had. I think I'll be ordering the 150 gph Fass tonight.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Truckwurx is one of our sponsors. You get a free Thank you with every order

Here's the 150 link for your truck. He'll meet any competitor