Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Do I need tunes after replacing with this turbo?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Do I need tunes after replacing with this turbo?

Hello, I hope I'm posting in the right section and this might be a obvious question.

I drive a 2011 6.7 3500 with 125k miles and its deleted.

My stock holset VGT turbo has gone out and I need to replace it. I've looked into 2nd gen swaps but its not something I'm wanting to go for at the moment. (Just trying to get my truck back).

That being said I was recommended the s300 replacement kit that lets me drop the new turbo right in without manifold or anything.

I'm replacing it with a 64.5/.90 size turbo that's supposed to be close to the same Set up as the stock turbo.

My question is, when I replace the old turbo with this s300 turbo, do I absolutely need tunes right out the gate or am I safely able to drive it without causing any damage before I get tunes?

The truck has an H&S tuner that doesn't work anymore. Outside of that I don't know what's been done.

I hope I didn't miss any key info and thanks a ton for any help.

-Nate

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Do I need tunes after replacing with this turbo?

Boy, it's hard to say without any H&S support. Seems like it would throw VGT codes unless it's shut off in the tuning. Maybe call Black Market Performance... Terrence could answer your question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

3. Top Of Page | #3

Re: Do I need tunes after replacing with this turbo?

Great I'll do that, thank you for the info!