Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  22

Thread: Pulled the trigger this morning!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Pulled the trigger this morning!

Well I finally did it! Ordered the MM3, pillar mount, and exhaust from DRD and let me tell you excited does not describe me right now. I received payment confirmation at 0915 and shipping confirmation at 0945. If this is any indication of how top notch of a company DRD is then I know I made the right choice. The information he provided was second to none. Now the waiting game begins. Hopefully I’ll have a deleted Cummins by the weekend! Just wanted to give some more feedback on a great small business.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Pulled the trigger this morning!

You're in good hands friend.

Enjoy!!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Likes JoFu, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It will be worth the wait!!!!!!!

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, JoFu, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You will love the results!

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes JoFu, IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Congrats Ray from DRD is the man and tuning God

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes JoFu, walla2k5, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You're going to love the results, congrats!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes JoFu, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

Hey, I pulled the trigger as well; talked with Ray last Thursday about options and what would be best for my application, ordered the MM3 tuner with lite option and it arrived this afternoon!

I'm now waiting for the various delete kits I've ordered (CCV, throttle valve, EGR, and DPF) to arrive so I can get started.

This has been a project nine years in the making; every time I drive my truck (2011 2500) I tell my spouse that this is the year I'm going to do it, and she reminds me that the truck is still under warranty (100,000 mile or 10 years) that is up in August 2021 so that year has finally arrived; screw the warranty!

However, over the Memorial Day weekend while doing a woodworking project for my spouse, my table saw and I have a bit of a disagreement as to which way a cut should run; I lost the argument and mangled one of my fingers on my right hand (would have been better to have cut it off completely, according to the medical professionals I've visited in the last couple of days as it would have been less painful and healed much quicker). So now it must wait until my finger heals enough to pull wrenches.
    Ain't life grand?

Last edited by T. Hyatt; 06-30-2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Update

13. Top Of Page | #8

Finally got it all done; pulled the DPF, converter, and down pipe out (what a mess; diesel soot everywhere, with only 30,000 miles on the truck, who could have imagined so much build up...) and installed new down pipe with straight pipe and kept the muffler and tail pipe.

Next, the EGR delete and throttle valve delete. Took two days to finish everything; of course it wasn't without some hitches, which Ray politely walked me through without pointing out what a scatterbrain I can be at times.

Thanks Ray; you are the man!

To summarize; if you do a test drive after installing the tuner and deleting the DPF , unplug the throttle valve!

If not, the rpms will surge and feel like your truck can't make up its mind as to what it wants to do; go fast or go slow.

What a difference the tuner and deletes have made to my truck!

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! It sounds amazing without going whole hog and changing out entire exhaust; it has this low rumble at idle that builds to a nice, even roar.

Now I drive around with all the windows down so I can enjoy the nice sound it makes.

So far I've left the power level on "0" (30 HP) and I've been very impressed; it's quick off the line; as a matter of fact, my spouse drove it the other day and it scared the stuffing out of her!

She was use to the hesitation the truck had between pressing the gas pedal and the tires moving so when she hit the gas, the back end broke loose and went through the stoplight before she did!

She told she won't drive it again until I get new tires for it (I could not have planned it any better; I now have my truck back and she won't be using it for her silly little girly trips and hauling her sewing machines around; she has her own car for that stuff.

THIS IS A TRUCK FOR HEAVENS SAKE! And there isn't a darn thing wrong with the tires so I'll pretend to look at tires until it really needs new tires.

So if you're on the fence about deleting your truck and going with Ray and company for you tuning; get off that Fence and get it done! You will be so impressed that you won't be able to sleep at night.

Also, forgot to mention the mileage increase! Right off the bat, around town mileage increased by 3 MPG; haven't driven on the highway yet.

Last edited by T. Hyatt; 06-30-2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Update

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, GrayBeard68 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, GrayBeard68, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Good job- glad you can enjoy it!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoFu View Post
    Well I finally did it! Ordered the MM3, pillar mount, and exhaust from DRD and let me tell you excited does not describe me right now. I received payment confirmation at 0915 and shipping confirmation at 0945. If this is any indication of how top notch of a company DRD is then I know I made the right choice. The information he provided was second to none. Now the waiting game begins. Hopefully I’ll have a deleted Cummins by the weekend! Just wanted to give some more feedback on a great small business.
    Well JOFU, how did you make out?

Hopefully you didn't stick your finger in a saw too!

@ T. Hyatt: Glad to hear you're enjoying your mods! (and get healed up!)

My 2011 came deleted, and with a H&S Mini Max that works fine (so far), although I'm looking forward to getting a set-up from DRD for myself for Christmas (to go along with a beefed up trans)!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates folks giving updates and feedback on here.

Makes it easier to justify spending hard earned money with companies that have a solid track record!

Thanks much!