Hey y'all, I recently posted on here and got a great deal of help.

My truck is a 2011 6.7 with 120k miles, deleted. Little if no towing is done but I do carry a good bit of weight in the bed (6k) as its a welding rig.

My stock VGT turbo seems to have inevitably gone bad and I am in desperate need of getting the truck back on the road.

I've talked to others and looked into 2nd gen kits but i still think I'm going to stick with the 3rd gen s300 turbo. I was specifically recommended to the High Tech Turbo s300 direct replacement set up for $1300. A pretty happy price range without a new tuner/tunes but still open to ideas.

Along with that, all the reading I've done I feel like its telling me that the 64.5/.90 turbo is a great set up for stock fuel as a replacement for the stock holset.

I'm trying to keep the truck reliable and try to avoid much more damage on the truck for a little bit.

This may or may not be wrong and as always appreciate input.

But my real question which may show off how green I am is,

If this turbo from HTT is closely resembling the stock turbo, do I absolutely need new tuning before I even pull the truck out of the drive way?
Do I need it at all?

Is it something i can drive for a couple weeks until the new tuner/tunes come in without risking the truck?

My truck also currently has an H&S tuner in it that no longer works.

Sorry if i missed any key information and I really appreciate any input you guys might have.

Thank you!

-Nate