Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2017 chipped Cummins won't start

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2017 chipped Cummins won't start

Hey y'all, I have a 2017 Ram 2500 with a DRD full delete. I drove it all day the previous day then parked. this morning I went to start my truck, the system seemed to work fine then when I went to turn the key over the starter wouldn't turn over the motor. My gauge cluster stated: service 4wd system. I noticed that every time I tried to start the truck, my tuner would shut off then reboot. The tuner gave me a DTC staring intermittent low voltage to ECM and nothing about the 4wd. Yesterday I briefly **** off the truck to go into Chik Fila, when I came out to start the truck everything worked and the motor was running but the ABS light dinged for 2 about half a second after running then cleared. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2017 chipped Cummins won't start

Sounds like a bad battery to me

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Sounds like a bad battery to me

X2- these trucks get pissed off and do strange things when voltage is even a little low

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

likely low voltage. if a person was doing more stop and go driving, not giving the system enough time to reach peakoperating voltage and add cold weather (if it applies) do your homework, these trucks require lot of power draw with the grid heater. it is normal to get codes when this happens. they are all related to low voltage. fix the power source and all will be better. FYI, your title says "chipped" you're truck Is deleted via a downloader.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

agreed

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC