Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSP5 Switch wired to Crankcase Pressure Connector?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question CSP5 Switch wired to Crankcase Pressure Connector?

Ok.... I bought a 2012 6.7 that was supposed to have an EFI Live tune with a 5 position switch (out of Texas and had it shipped to me in GA). There seems to not be tuned, because the 5 position switch makes no effect on performance no matter what position it is in. I finally traced out the wires leaving the switch. These 3 wires go through the fire wall into the engine bay and connect to the "Crankcase Pressure Switch" connector that is located at the rear drivers side of the valve cover.

The only CSP5 switch that I have found through research that is supposed to connect to that connector is sold by GDP Tuning, and the instructions per their website specs that switch is only for 13-17 Cummins. All other CSP5 switches from other vendors connect to the OBD II port.

So Questions:
    1. Does anyone know if a CSP5 switch can be connected to the "Crankcase Pressure Switch" connector on a '12 Cummins and be functional if their indeed tunes loaded on the truck computer?
    2. Should I attempt to disconnect its current position from the "Crankcase Pressure Switch" connector and connect it to the OBD II in an effort to determine if their are tunes already loaded on the truck's computer?

Thanks ahead of time for your time.
    Chad

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: CSP5 Switch wired to Crankcase Pressure Connector?

Call GDP and have your VIN with you. They should be able to lookup if they did the tuning. Sounds like a good chance it was them if they are the only ones who use that style harness. If they do have your truck info on file then I would ask them all the questions you have.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

10-18 use that switch. Could have been tuned with ezlynk

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Update....

I totally lucked out....LOL.

Through google searching, the only link I could find that showed the CSP5 switch wired to the Crankcase Pressure Sensor was @ GDP Tuning. So, I called them, and amazingly, they had on record that this truck was tuned by them in June 2018 with EZ Lynk. So, it appears tha someone removed the EZ Lynk Autoagent hardware from the truck, left the CSP5 switch in place, and possibly put a stock tune of some sort over what was there. Wow, what a mess.

SO, for everyone's knowledge..... the CSP5 switch wires to the Crankcase Pressure sensor for EZ Lynk. It wires to the OBD II port for EFI Live.

That said, GDP has recommended that i buy a "blank" EZ Lynk Autoagent, and they will send the previously purchased tunes for free since the tunes were purchased for this truck already. BY the way, a "blank" EZ Lynk Autoagent cost $500. This seems to be the best solution for me at this time. Now, I'm trying to get the dealer I bought it from to cough up the $500 since he sold me a truck that does NOT have what he said it has. Good luck to me. If he doesn't, pretty sure I'll make it my mission to let EVERYONE know to NOT go to ?*^%&$W& !!

If I were starting with a truly stock truck and then tuning, I would definitely be going with an MM3 from Double R.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

GDP should be able see what tune your truck is currently running. Did they say? It's got to have some tune in it if there is no codes with the switch plugged in. Is your exhaust stock? You can always find someone with a ezlynk and use it to re flash your truck. What you have is a DST switch and it's used by a lot of tuners. CA, HPP, PPEI and many more. But score for you getting lucky one the first call.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I asked GDP about the tunes.... they said it has their standard SOTF (5) tunes listed on their website for my year truck G56.

But I do have codes. I have an EGR (P040D) and Crankcase Pressure Sensor (P051B). And the truck feels stock. The switch makes no difference.

It has a 5 inch from turbo to an aftermarket muffler, and then out 5 inches. S&B cold air, aftermarket intake elbow, probably stock clutch.

A this point, my gut says someone has messed with the tune (maybe stockish tune over the GPD tuning).

So Question:

1. Am I wrong that the EZ Lynk Autoagent hardware is specific to the VIN?
    2. So any EZ Lynk Autoagent hardware will work to get the GDP tunes loaded back on the truck?

Thanks

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I am glad to hear you have made it this far! If it were me I would spend the $500 now with GDP- have them send EZLYNK unit so you can keep in communication with them in case there is an issue reloading the files or something. They will be more likely to help with issues if you have purchased something from them. I am with you in thinking they flashed the truck back to stock or something along those lines with a recall at the dealership.

I would also still continue to push dealer for $500 check to repay you for the EZLINK unit. I wouldn't even tell them I had bought the new unit but stick to the fact of you were sold the truck without the description/agreement you had like you mentioned. In the grand scheme of things I am sure $500 is not much compared to purchase price of truck.

Thanks for the updates

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

You ezlynk acct is specific to you vin and tune. The ezlynk box can tune multiple trucks.

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Update.... The used truck dealer I bought the truck from has agreed to pay for the "blank" EZ Lynk Autoagent hardware. I requested that he actually purchase it and have it sent to me rather than me buying it and later trying to get a check from him, and he agreed and the new hardware is on the way. Yay!!

I'll update once I have received, and loaded tunes from GDP Tuning.

Thanks everyone for you input.

Chad

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thats great news for a Monday morning man! Glad they are taking care of you. Hopefully you can get going here before the weekend!

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast