Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Built 48re

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Built 48re

Finally killed my 48re so looking for a new one. Wont hardly move in any gear, think its the pump bit dont care to look into it as trans is junk anyways.

Looking online most builders seem to be in the same ballpark for price. Haven't called anywhere yet just looked around online. Leaning towards BD diesel, seems to have a far better warranty than others. Also looked at PDD, Garmon, Goerend built unit through MTS, Revmax, suncoast, firepunk. Most of them seem to be mostly the same with minor differences. BD seems to have the best deal with more upgraded hard parts, more clutches, rollerized. But I cant find any feedback online. Not too keen on trying local as I live in kansas.

Truck is a 2006 2500, only performance mods are exhaust and edge juice with attitude. Could see more horsepower in the future. Looking at lower level builds they all have triple tc and stock inputs. Trucks probably pushing it on 5 and it does see abuse from time to time (35k gross hay in the summer, plus I drive it hard on occasion.) I could see myself snapping the stock input doing something dumb, in a matter of days at that (gotta test the warranty right away)

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Built 48re

Goerend is best in the business for the 48re - billet flex plate is a must and input is a great idea while you are in there like you said. The intermediate and output aren't as big a deal. If your input goes then its going to take more with it. Build it once and build it right. Dont get me wrong warranty is important but don't do what I did and get an okay build and have to use it multiple times.

I would think any of those will handle box tunes no problem. I highly recommend switching to EFI or MM3 for tuning. I ran EJWA and the EGTs were crazy high WOT and smokey

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I was told commonrail trucks snap stock inputs easy because of the torque coming on sooner so probably something with a triple and billet input thinking garmon stage 2

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have a full rebuild kit coming. Low stall triple, aermet input, 300m intermediate, more clutches in forward and OD brake, DIY valve body kit, pump gears, OD support, new bands, seals, gaskets, thrust washers, HD flexplate, PDD cast pan, all the goodies. Its a 650 HP kit, gonna build some traction bars after this truck will scoot.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

When I pulled the trans the i didnt see much initially. Forward clutch pack was burned up, thrust washers were trashed from running it out of fluid with a trailer when the heat exchanger broke (fixed it and still worked it pretty good for a while), and the snap ring on the front of the intermediate shaft was coming off. I forgot the thrust plate for the OD when I put it together, I think it was banging around a lot when I turned up the pressure and eventually started to work the snap ring off, so new intermediate shaft. Nothing else was broken inside. Excited to build this thing again.

7. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post