Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4th gen front wheel bearings

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    now the fight with the dealer......

From the Warranty book. Dealer says its not covered. Then proceeded to quote me almost $2,000 to replace them. see attached.

What does everyone think? should it be covered?

On another note @Polaraco Know anyone in the service department there still?

And regarding the quote, I know its utterly insane priced.
    Talk to Pete Candito. He's the service manager. I sent you there in the first place

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Pretty sure by alldata and michell the hubs pay .8 or an hour per side. And their price on the part's is insane. LOL. I think it all depends who you get at the dealer as to whether they cover it under warranty

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I got a call this morning that they are going to cover it under warranty now. Thanks @Polaraco

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Likes Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I got a call this morning that they are going to cover it under warranty now. Thanks @Polaraco
    It's not who you know, it's who you. . . . I thought the extended should cover it. That service writer was gouging. Did you talk to Pete?

I bet you're lovin driving around in the snow in a Mini Van

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

130,+++ still on original bearings. No noise or play yet. Daily drive 130 to work and back. Tow a boat, camper and a gooseneck (three to four times a month).

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    It's not who you know, it's who you. . . . I thought the extended should cover it. That service writer was gouging. Did you talk to Pete?

I bet you're lovin driving around in the snow in a Mini Van
    lovin' snow in a FWD minivan..... Right........

@.44mag It might just be the crap Jersey roads too. I have been pulled over once in the past year for field sobriety because I was dodging the potholes. anything for the chance to check you as you drive through Mount olive TWP in NJ

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Likes .44mag liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    130,+++ still on original bearings. No noise or play yet. Daily drive 130 to work and back. Tow a boat, camper and a gooseneck (three to four times a month).
    You never rode with him. . . . . Good thing I have lots of changes in the drawer. LOL

He's not that bad. . . .Just kidding Alex.

10. Likes .44mag liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

lovin' snow in a FWD minivan..... Right........

@.44mag It might just be the crap Jersey roads too. I have been pulled over once in the past year for field sobriety because I was dodging the potholes. anything for the chance to check you as you drive through Mount olive TWP in NJ
    True an almost 8000 pound truck and pot holes can reek havoc on suspension parts. Can't say much about the pulled over part as I'm a retired LEO.

12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    You never rode with him. . . . . Good thing I have lots of changes in the drawer. LOL

He's not that bad. . . .Just kidding Alex.

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    True an almost 8000 pound truck and pot holes can reek havoc on suspension parts. Can't say much about the pulled over part as I'm a retired LEO.
    I did over 500 on my truck last year in New England. It's not just Jersey. That was my cost of parts too. A real mess. Alex had to come and get me with my trailer. Nightmare. And I have a 2 wheel drive!

14. Likes .44mag liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast