Truck Wurx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: 4th gen front wheel bearings

  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Senior Member F350Cummins's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    4th gen front wheel bearings

    So I have been looking around and apparently 4th gen trucks seem to need wheel bearings around 65K miles.

    My dealer says they will do it under warranty. Anybody else have theirs done under warranty?

    Anybody else with a 4th gen do wheel bearings around the 60K miles mark?

    How do you use your truck if so?

    For me its a daily driver, and a weekend tow vehicle.

    2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 with Rays Emission compliant EGR-Less Tuning and 12V tune

    Future plans: Fass, head studs, slightly larger tires (at least more aggressive tread)


    6 in a row makes her go

  2. Top Of Page | #2
    Dwelsh's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

    Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    So I have been looking around and apparently 4th gen trucks seem to need wheel bearings around 65K miles.

    My dealer says they will do it under warranty. Anybody else have theirs done under warranty?

    Anybody else with a 4th gen do wheel bearings around the 60K miles mark?

    How do you use your truck if so?

    For me its a daily driver, and a weekend tow vehicle.
    I did my right side at 80k. Wasnt loose it was noisey. Dealer said it was not covered under powertrain. So i replaced it myself ordered a timken from rock auto for 200$. I use mine as a daily and have only hooked up a trailer once.

    2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

  3. Top Of Page | #3
    Jcvititow's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

    I'm at 135k on stock hubs but starting to get some play on one hub. Daily driver (150 miles daily). Tow probably 20 times in the last 2 years. I have been waiting on them to go out tho.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

    2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl Flo Pro Delete Pipes, RaceMe Ultra, DRD Warp Tuned, Vulcan 1/2" big line kit, bd separator plate, accumulator plate, Dropstar 18x9 on 305/70r18 stt pro, hellwig airbags

    Other halfs - 2006 ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 48re 3.73 Black, Accurate diesel injectors, 4" exhaust, CAI, Edge CTS w/Pyro, 2 micron filter, Superior Shift Kit, 6" lift, 08.5 steering, carli Trac bar

  4. Top Of Page | #4
    Senior Member F350Cummins's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

    I tow almost 100 miles a week on a low week. I was told 70K miles its covered any more its not. Mine are noisey now, and getting worse. I have an appointment on the 18th, but I don't know if they will last that long. I hate driving it like this. That's the soonest they could get me in and give me a loaner..... I drive about 3K miles a month. I have been hearing them about a week and a half, and had the appointment for the last week. I wish I could get it in sooner

    2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 with Rays Emission compliant EGR-Less Tuning and 12V tune

    Future plans: Fass, head studs, slightly larger tires (at least more aggressive tread)


    6 in a row makes her go

  5. Top Of Page | #5

    Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

    Pull abs sensor shove some grease in it with a needle fitting. Did it two used ones that were dry and noisy but still tight. Haven't ran them but have 2 spares now lol


  6. Top Of Page | #6
    Dwelsh's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

    Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I tow almost 100 miles a week on a low week. I was told 70K miles its covered any more its not. Mine are noisey now, and getting worse. I have an appointment on the 18th, but I don't know if they will last that long. I hate driving it like this. That's the soonest they could get me in and give me a loaner..... I drive about 3K miles a month. I have been hearing them about a week and a half, and had the appointment for the last week. I wish I could get it in sooner
    Hmmm i mean. I would think youd be fine to wait until your appointment. Especially since they arent loose. I drive about 70 miles a day and heard mine for about a month lol. But at the end i was getting a little worried lol

    2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

  7. Top Of Page | #7
    Senior Member F350Cummins's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Hmmm i mean. I would think youd be fine to wait until your appointment. Especially since they arent loose. I drive about 70 miles a day and heard mine for about a month lol. But at the end i was getting a little worried lol
    I already am, I am trying to find a vehicle and get it in before then. I know I can get an appointment sooner, just no loaner car before then.

    2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 with Rays Emission compliant EGR-Less Tuning and 12V tune

    Future plans: Fass, head studs, slightly larger tires (at least more aggressive tread)


    6 in a row makes her go

  8. Top Of Page | #8
    Dwelsh's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

    Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I already am, I am trying to find a vehicle and get it in before then. I know I can get an appointment sooner, just no loaner car before then.
    I gotcha haha i mean the dealer down here didnt have a loaner for me when i had my recalls done so they paid for a rental

    2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

  9. Top Of Page | #9
    HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

    I have 159,000 plus and still have original bearings and no problems or noise either

    2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

  10. Top Of Page | #10
    Senior Member F350Cummins's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: 4th gen front wheel bearings

    now the fight with the dealer......

    Four-Wheel Drive (4X4):transfer case and all internal parts; transfer case control module and shift mode motor assembly; axle housing and all internal parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings;drive shafts assemblies (front and rear); drive shaft center bearings; universal joints and yokes; disconnect housing assembly; seals and gaskets for the listed components only
    From the Warranty book. Dealer says its not covered. Then proceeded to quote me almost $2,000 to replace them. see attached.

    What does everyone think? should it be covered?

    On another note @Polaraco Know anyone in the service department there still?

    And regarding the quote, I know its utterly insane priced.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quote.JPG  
    2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 with Rays Emission compliant EGR-Less Tuning and 12V tune

    Future plans: Fass, head studs, slightly larger tires (at least more aggressive tread)


    6 in a row makes her go

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •