Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on these turbo replacements.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Opinions on these turbo replacements.

I run Double R Diesel tuning- recommend it 100% - he is very familiar with 2nd gen swap on our trucks as well (hence the video). I cant say what a close second would be. For the money I would go with DRD

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Natebrody11 View Post
    Thanks a ton for the replies and directing me to other useful links.

At the moment I am searching 2nd gen swaps. Although one of my dilemmas is where the truck is currently stored I don't have a ton of time to put into the labor side (wife works at a college and we get a free house - perfect for my constant traveling) This may seem ridiculous but it leaves people on my back and conflicts with working on the truck. Ive also talked to one of the few shops here in western NC and they want a crazy amount to do any work.

I am not new to working on my own vehicles but I weary due to it being a northern truck and having some surface rust.

Today I plugged in my H@S mini maxx tuner to the truck and go nothing at all happening. Then plugged it into my computer and got constant beeping and flashing.

Thats a little off topic but leaves me thinking I have to get a new tuner which is another decent sized expense although still doesn't seem as bad as the shop charging me 4k to install a replacement turbo.

I'm used to seeing sizes like 64.5/.90 for other replacement turbos. What is a good size for this truck to stay out of a highly modded size? Again with me trying to stay near stock.

And any recommendations for a new tuner after j complete a turbo replacement.

Thank you!
    Place here in middle nc i believe its in graham. But they have been advertising that theyd install a 2nd gen swap for like 5 or 600$ just as a point of reference when your checking around

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Top Of Page | #13

Awesome, thank you ill look into that tuning and I'll keep that price for 2nd gen swap labor in mind.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12