Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DEF Tank After Delete?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

What do you do with the def tank after deletion?

Drain it and leave it on, pull it off?

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes BERT, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

This is your choosing.
    Many remove and use it for something else.
    I read somewhere one installed an air compressor there.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Once it and the supporting crossmember are removed, you can fit a titan fuel tank from an earlier model.....

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

I put in distilled water- removed filler neck at the def tank - used shop vac to suck out so it’s clean. If you think you’ll need it at some point to trade or something leave it.

You can pull tank and crossmember if you need to save some weight or add fuel

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Thanks for the replies. I have ne intention of ever putting the emissions junk back on so guess I’ll remov it. I honestly haven’t looked at, is it a easy removal?

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Subd because I haven't done anything with mine and want the info

9. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    This is your choosing.
    Many remove and use it for something else.
    I read somewhere one installed an air compressor there.
    I installed an air compressor and tank there.

It is the perfect spot.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

11. Likes AnOldBiker, Thomas1960, Mirth3500 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I have ne intention of ever putting the emissions junk back on so guess I’ll remov it. I honestly haven’t looked at, is it a easy removal?

Not sure what the emission laws are, but you should consider if they require it for sale, it might be wise to save it, if not for that purpose. Save some change in the future.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

13. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

use it for a methonal injection tank

14. Likes CrazyTrain liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I installed an air compressor and tank there.

https://i.imgur.com/Mmwc2Rol.jpg

It is the perfect spot.
    That's a slick set up. I noticed that that there looks to be a removable panel with 3 bolts in it right in the middle of the platform that the tank sets on. Is there a drain plug in the tank behind that removable panel?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast