Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got an annoying problem

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Got an annoying problem

OK for a couple months now I've had this issue that is very annoying, if I set the idle to normal it will idle but if I tap the throttle it will slowly die down, and other times it will slowly die down without tapping the throttle, and other times very rarely it will be fine. I have a volley black fuel pump and flowing a fuel pressure 13-15 psi when this is happening. Any suggestions?? This is getting very aggravating to deal with

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hm. That is weird. Guys help here

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have a hand throttle which I adjust before it dies out but that just pulls the idle up higher, if I forget to push that lever back in when I'm driving the motor will ramp up between shifts and that's aggravating and kinda embarrassing. Think my idle is too low?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm not understanding what the issue is

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

When I stop at a red light light the motor will slowly die down if I don't pull my high idle switch or rev it a little, I always have a constant fuel pressure of 13-15

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sounds like maybe an air fuel mixture.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You might try replacing the fuel filter to see if that helps.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I changed the fuel filter and air filter. I've checked for leaks and seepages I can't find any, think my idle could just be set too low?

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

was it alwasy like this?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No, when I first got it it ran like a champ had no problems this started to be a problem about halfway thru the winter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast