Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Headlight Issues

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 Headlight Issues

Quote Originally Posted by PWRWAGN View Post
    The V4s and the rest came with the PWM modules that are meant to prevent any problems. Ive only had them installed for a couple weeks but no problems so far at all. Very happy. I considered going HID but after doing some research I went with these LEDs and Im glad I did. I don't know if the 2016 is different but they came with everything I needed to install. Had to drill holes in my high beam dust caps but they came with grommets so its really easy. I think it took me about 2 hours total and thats with removing the grille etc. Pretty much plug and play.
    Thanks for the response. I think I’ll do some more research on these LED’s.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Are you running canBUS adapters with these LED’s? I’ve tried LED’s before with the adapters and lights would only work half the time. I have HID’s in both my headlights and fogs with zero problems with the headlights going on two years now but my fog lights are giving me a fit staying on. I’ve replaced the ballast three times and the canBUS adapters but it only lights up when it wants too. Are these LED’s working correctly in your truck?
    If so I may give them a try.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    No canbus adapters just plug and play

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    No canbus adapters just plug and play
    So do these LED’s have the canBUS built into them eliminating the external adapters?

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

So do these LED’s have the canBUS built into them eliminating the external adapters?

They come with everything they need to operate just plug and play they have wiring harness and all the plugs and adapters needed to work bought mine from Headlight revolution .com great company to work with check them out bud they will answer all your questions

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    They come with everything they need to operate just plug and play they have wiring harness and all the plugs and adapters needed to work bought mine from Headlight revolution .com great company to work with check them out bud they will answer all your questions
    Thanks man. I’ll check them out.

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Thanks man. I’ll check them out.

Your welcome they are blindingly bright but focused right on the roadway

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response. I think I’ll do some more research on these LED’s.
    You won't be sorry. Only down side I can find after a few weeks is the cost. They are so much noticeably better.

2018 Mega 6" BDS lift, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Fusion bumpers, few other things

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PWRWAGN View Post
    You won't be sorry. Only down side I can find after a few weeks is the cost. They are so much noticeably better.
    Yes indeed you could say night and day difference

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

Retro fitted my wife's truck with the quad lens and my work truck with the dual lens to the Mled from morimoto fantastic light output. Used their harness so it's all relayed up. The dual lens was the simplest to install because the shroud just pops on, the quad lens requires a fair bit off trimming on the shroud. The downside is that because the Drl ru s on pulses you have to shut that off. I used my xrt to adjust both trucks. I put a lit shroud on the dual lense, I am considering tying that into a Keyed power source so they come on at startup. Other than that I love the instant on and great cutoff line. Used to run my fogs on all the time now I never need them. One other downside is $$$$ but if you can be safe and relaxed driving at night it's worth it!

Attached Images Attached Images

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen, Power247 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

2012 Headlight Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble Pusher View Post
    Retro fitted my wife's truck with the quad lens and my work truck with the dual lens to the Mled from morimoto fantastic light output. Used their harness so it's all relayed up. The dual lens was the simplest to install because the shroud just pops on, the quad lens requires a fair bit off trimming on the shroud. The downside is that because the Drl ru s on pulses you have to shut that off. I used my xrt to adjust both trucks. I put a lit shroud on the dual lense, I am considering tying that into a Keyed power source so they come on at startup. Other than that I love the instant on and great cutoff line. Used to run my fogs on all the time now I never need them. One other downside is $$$$ but if you can be safe and relaxed driving at night it's worth it!
    That looks awesome!!

18. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast