Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine died while drving down the road, loss fuel pressure????

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Engine died while drving down the road, loss fuel pressure????

I was driving down the road today, and my engine died. loss fuel pressure. after I got on to the side of the road the engine wont crank over. My fuel gauge shows half a tank left. I started bleeding the injectors. Started from front to back. Only got #'s 1 3 4 open. cant get a wrench in where the # 2 is or # 5 and 6. After trying to bleed the lines for about 50mins still nothing. No codes are showing. Any help would be great. Also I was about to change the fuel filter would this help before I do anything else?

Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Is your lift pump running?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

only after i try cranking it over, about 4 times. should i close the # 3 and leave the # 1 and 4 open?

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If you bump the starter does the lift pump run for 30 seconds? If your lift pump isn't running it'll be almost impossible to bleed. If it is running and you can't get fuel to the injectors you either have a very clogged fuel filter or a dead VP.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No fuel at all coming out?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The pump runs for about 30 seconds and fuel is coming out of the # 3 and 4 injectors. Very little in # 1. I disconnected the steel line from the injection pump and had a good flow of fuel that came out.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Then you are OK there.

Pull he crank sensor and see if it's cracked. It needs the crank sensor at a minimum to run. OR! maybe the face of it is cruddy. You can test it with an ohm meter and a piece of metal. connect the ohm meter and see if you get a reading and pass the metal back and forth to see if the signal breaks or not.

When you say no codes are showing, do you mean no check engine light? Or did you do the key trick? I am not sure the key trick works too well on the 01. I forget now from my 01 if that is a viable way of checking

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Key trick works on 01

9. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'll forget you said that as soon as I leave the page. Memory for allot of things is awful. I bought an 04 and rarely opened the hood on the 01. I just remember being one of Quadzilla's first customers. In those days it was a programmer and didn't do much like they do today

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah did the key trick and no codes show up just says p-done. Also the check engine light doesn't come on. Ill check the crank sensor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast