Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: Air intake with delete or no

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Air intake with delete or no

So I read a lot of debate on the air intakes. A lot of people say the factory air intake flows just a well or nearly as good as the stock air box. But I know a lot of guys love the aftermarket air intakes. So, I’m getting ready to delet and trying to decide if I need to do the air box or not. What’s the opinion here, new air intake or no?

and what about the foam and practice piece in th factory air tube. Any of you guys taking that out?

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Air intake with delete or no

The factory intake is already a true cold air intake. Most stage II intakes suck in hot under hood air. If you want it to look cool or or be able to hear a little whistle, then go for it. I would definitely remove that crap out of the intake tube. It's just sound deadener and seems to me will eventually disintegrate and get sucked in. My opinion of course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Thanks niteghost thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    The factory intake is already a true cold air intake. Most stage II intakes suck in hot under hood air. If you want it to look cool or or be able to hear a little whistle, then go for it. I would definitely remove that crap out of the intake tube. It's just sound deadener and seems to me will eventually disintegrate and get sucked in. My opinion of course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    thanks for the reply, it makes good sense. I’m not as concerned with the looks as I am the function and just throwing away a few hundred bucks.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

6. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I kept my factory intake but took out the foam and the hard plastic piece in the tube. I agree the foam probably would disintegrate over time and get sucked in.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Thanks niteghost thanked for this post
    Likes smartdave, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Same here too... left the intake and yanked the foam and plastic insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Thanks niteghost thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

What air filter are you guys running in the stock box?

12. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Same for me as the others. I run a Fram paper/fiber filter and replace it every other oil change.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I run the Mopar filter that came with it. I change mine at every oil change.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Likes Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    So I read a lot of debate on the air intakes. A lot of people say the factory air intake flows just a well or nearly as good as the stock air box. But I know a lot of guys love the aftermarket air intakes. So, I’m getting ready to delet and trying to decide if I need to do the air box or not. What’s the opinion here, new air intake or no?

and what about the foam and practice piece in th factory air tube. Any of you guys taking that out?
    The factory intake will do most people quite well. If you do decide to get one i recommend S&B as they put alot of money into R&D and even use an air flow tunnel. Holler at me if you have any questions.

Message or text me 281-895-3833

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post