Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Remote start issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Remote start issues

I have a 2014 Ram 2500 Lonestar. I’m having an issue with my remote start. It works most of the time probably, but in some cases it will start up and run for a few seconds and the shuts down. Then the remote start doesn’t operate at all you must start the truck with the key and rest the remote start. Does anyone know what’s going on or have had a similar issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Remote start issues

Quote Originally Posted by R&RAutoTruck View Post
    I have a 2014 Ram 2500 Lonestar. I’m having an issue with my remote start. It works most of the time probably, but in some cases it will start up and run for a few seconds and the shuts down. Then the remote start doesn’t operate at all you must start the truck with the key and rest the remote start. Does anyone know what’s going on or have had a similar issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    OEM remote start or aftermarket? I know in the past with Chrysler's in general remote start wont work if battery voltage is too low. Or if the check engine light is on or anything like that. Not saying this is the issue just givin ya some general knowledge LOL.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Thanks R&RAutoTruck thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Also seen bad keys on Chrysler's. Could be the key is sending multiple requests causing the remote start to cancel. Have you tried sitting in the truck and do the remote start and get if to act up and see what message it displays on the evic?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

5. Thanks R&RAutoTruck thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It’s a factory remote start

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The check engine light is on. It’s throwing tranny codes. But it has been working fine with it on. It’s just does it every once in a while. Will it not operate properly if It’s already warmed up and then try to use it. That’s when it’s usually happens most of the time, but it does occasionally do that first thing in the morning or if I’ve went somewhere and let it sit for an hour or so. It’s really strange.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by R&RAutoTruck View Post
    The check engine light is on. It’s throwing tranny codes. But it has been working fine with it on. It’s just does it every once in a while. Will it not operate properly if It’s already warmed up and then try to use it. That’s when it’s usually happens most of the time, but it does occasionally do that first thing in the morning or if I’ve went somewhere and let it sit for an hour or so. It’s really strange.
    Yeah very weird. Something is weird there cuz when I was a tech 99% of remote start concerns had the check engine light on LOL.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Mine will do that when the fuel low light is on. Hows your fuel level?

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Yeah very weird. Something is weird there cuz when I was a tech 99% of remote start concerns had the check engine light on LOL.
    FYI

My harness went bad somehow in the engine bay. It think that if someone before me put a fuse in that was rated higher than normal did it to fix a problem. Maybe a wire was nicked for the trailer, then it dried other stuff further down the truck until another fuse blew. I had a power cord with a auto reset breaker fuse going to a power cord to.my bed, maybe for on board air or a spreader. The auto reset fuse in a normal blade fuse slot threw up alarms. Anyway, I found a he worn wire and figured that's what fryed my harness and turbo.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.