Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Limp mode problems

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Limp mode problems

Truck goes into limp mode when truck is warmed up and the o/d turns off and shortly after that trans temp light comes on plz help I was told its was the pcm I changed it I was told sensors in trans and pressure sensors I changed a solenoid in the trans and a fluid changed I changed the fuel rail sensor ,air filter,o and bullet torque converter triple disc. I need help plz

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Limp mode problems

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Wysienski View Post
    Truck goes into limp mode when truck is warmed up and the o/d turns off and shortly after that trans temp light comes on plz help I was told its was the pcm I changed it I was told sensors in trans and pressure sensors I changed a solenoid in the trans and a fluid changed I changed the fuel rail sensor ,air filter,o and bullet torque converter triple disc. I need help plz

What. Codes are you getting?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    What. Codes are you getting?
    None

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Patrick Wysienski;135154]None

I dont reckon its gonna go into limp mode without throwing any codes. Them systems pick up on anything out of normal.
    My truck has a code in the bcm cuz I have an led tag light. It's got to have codes in it somewhere.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Dwelsh;135158]
    None

I dont reckon its gonna go into limp mode without throwing any codes. Them systems pick up on anything out of normal.
    My truck has a code in the bcm cuz I have an led tag light. It's got to have codes in it somewhere.
    Ok let's put it this way there r no check engine lights on

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Dwelsh;135158]
    None

O and the truck has been to 3 shops and no one can fix it and one of the shops r rt.1 dodge in NJ

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Patrick Wysienski;135160]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    O and the truck has been to 3 shops and no one can fix it and one of the shops r rt.1 dodge in NJ

Did they list what codes were in the system? Probably on your receipt? I'm sure they did a complete code scan and most places will put it on there. LOL I dont doubt the no check engine light part

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Accidently posted twice sorry.

Last edited by Dwelsh; 01-24-2019 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Didnt mean to post twice

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Overdrive clutches in the transmission are probably smoked. Is the trans fluid temp actually hot when the light comes on?

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aj Grubb View Post
    Overdrive clutches in the transmission are probably smoked. Is the trans fluid temp actually hot when the light comes on?
    Honestly not sure so pretty much get ready for a rebuild