Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vents not changing

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Vents not changing

Hey guys and gals been a while but looking for some info on my 06 2500 I noticed that when I change my vent selector from vents to floor it stays on the vent it won’t change to the floor. Anybody have this problem and could point me where I should start at first. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Vents not changing

I had that happen to me in the 1st 5k of ownership. It was covered then under warrantee. They said the door panel came undone from the arm and they had to reattach it.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Likes rob d liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I had that happen to me in the 1st 5k of ownership. It was covered then under warrantee. They said the door panel came undone from the arm and they had to reattach it.
    Oh fun I hope you don’t have to pull the dash apart for that. LOL if so it will stay like it is. LOL

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I had the blend door break in 06 SRT Ram and bought parts from http://heatertreater.net/dodge-ram-02-08
    It was a pain but the repair was good and pretty well permanent. Yours sounds like the mode 1 door. I think you can buy a whole set or just what you need.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes rob d, Polaraco liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cooksey View Post
    I had the blend door break in 06 SRT Ram and bought parts from http://heatertreater.net/dodge-ram-02-08
    It was a pain but the repair was good and pretty well permanent. Yours sounds like the mode 1 door. I think you can buy a whole set or just what you need.

Note the difference...

8. Likes rob d liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cooksey View Post

Cool thanks that will give me a starting point. LOL

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

It’s your blend door on the passenger side- these were notorious for failing. They make an aftermarket kit with metal opposed to plastic to prevent failure. If you plan on keeping the truck for a while I would go that route. I think it’s about a $300 kit or so

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Likes rob d liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Agree with the others. Had some problems with blend doors on my first truck. A 03 cummins. I pulled the dash and replaced everything related to the heater. And yes there was a lot of work

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Why do you guys break those? You need to find a better place for your stash. LOL

I had 4 3rd gens. This one is the longest of 6 years. Never lost a door.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Why do you guys break those? You need to find a better place for your stash. LOL

I had 4 3rd gens. This one is the longest of 6 years. Never lost a door.
    I think its related to how often the recirculate function is used on the truck - I believe that door is what opens/closes to let air in from outside or traps and recycles the air.....I cycled it a bit with AC use down here in TX

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast