Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: RaceME with Aisin

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME with Aisin

Alright new to the thread here so bare with me. I have a 2015 4x4 dually with the 6.7 and aisin trans and love it. Currently running 33 inch nittos with a spacer in the back. In the process of changing to the correct offset with 20 inch wheels and 35 inch tires with a leveling kit. Problem there is finding aftermarket wheels in a decent price range that are rated the same as stock steel wheels. So if anyone can help there it would be much appreciated. I tow a lot with this truck bumper pull trailer with about 6-8k on the trailer so totaling around 10 most times. I’m running in on 120ho time with no problems and truck runs super strong. No shifting or overheating issues. Truck had 235k on it and has been running this way for sometime. I used to keep it on 30 or 60hp tune because I was nervous about lifting the head since I have no head studs yet. But so far so good. Occasionally I tune it to 200 when I’m not towing anything and it seems to take it fine. Occasional trans slipping I guess you would say but that’s very minimal. I guess my question is is anyone else doing the same with there trucks. No head studs on 120 running 70-80 a lot. I’ve had no problems but also haven’t installed egg probe yet either. Any help would be much appreciated. I just wanna see who else is out there.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME with Aisin

Welcome friend! I keep mine around 30-60hp, no upgraded head studs yet but I also have the G56 with stock clutch and it does slip when set on 90 or above. When I get the time I will hopefully get the clutch and head studs upgraded.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes Noneck liked this post