Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Ram 2500 Brake Upgrade

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 Ram 2500 Brake Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by TCoopSC View Post
    I’ve been running mine in Auto which does help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Have you tried running it in full? I am no expert with the EB but my understanding is the Auto is mostly designed for long descents down hills/mountains. Full is more aggressive. Another good thing to keep in mind is it works off RPM - higher = better as it cuts out about 1200 RPM. I run mine on full

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Have you tried running it in full? I am no expert with the EB but my understanding is the Auto is mostly designed for long descents down hills/mountains. Full is more aggressive. Another good thing to keep in mind is it works off RPM - higher = better as it cuts out about 1200 RPM. I run mine on full
    I’ve ran mine both ways. I don’t like Full EB because I slow down when I don’t want to. Auto will keep me at the same speed going down a hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

4. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Post up what kinda rotors and pads you go with and how they do. When it's time to do brakes I'm going to also upgrade. I'm completely happy with the way mine brakes. stops on a dime. My reasoning would be for warping and squealing. Every Heavy duty ram truck I've driven had noisy brakes.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

6. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I think I would try different pads first and leave the drilled and slotted rotors out of the mix. You decrease surface area of the rotor and introduce weak points into the rotor. Just my opinion

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

8. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

My suggestion is vented rotors and the best pads you can get. Not from Autozone either. Advanced and Carquest have what you want. That's where I get mine. The trick is to find someone in those stores that know what they are talking about

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TCoopSC View Post
    So, im not finding any forums about this topic for some reason. What are the upgrades that everyone are doing? I know I don't like the way mine stops and would like any ideas or suggestions y'all have. Should I just upgrade the pads all around or replace the entire system from brake lines?
    Talk to Clayton of DDP he’ll hook you up with whatever brakes systems you want

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

OP, Any update on what you did and how you like it?

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ylwiron View Post
    OP, Any update on what you did and how you like it?
    I never decided on what i wanted.

Then baby 4 came, so...

Once I get back to this, I think I will just upgrade to better pads and see how I like them.

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Part K5458-36

Great for Towing and Big Tires.

18. Thanks TCoopSC, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes TCoopSC, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

One thing that I found to be very important is ensuring that you keep your sliders lubed up.

I had one of mine get sticky and caused my pad to wear unevenly and that caused a decrease in braking power.

The pad actually fell apart in my hand when I went to change it.

I upgraded to some slotted rotors by Wagner on all 4 corners.

Put some anti seize on the hub before you put them things on.

I destroyed my old rotors getting them off. had to use a 8lb mini sledge to knock them off. the pads I used a semi-metallic raybestos. not only does it stop silently now they perform and look way better.

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, watersupply189, TCoopSC, Mdavlee liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast