Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tires cracked only on inside

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tires cracked only on inside

Well I went to check brakes and hubs today ant stumbled on to my tire having cracks in it. So I did what most would do and looked at the other three and they all have cracks/splits on the inside side wall only. Some are just cracked/split but a couple spots have a flap of rubber down to the belt on them. I have never seen one do that let alone all 4. Anyone have any clue as to what might have happened?

2012 truck
    305/70/18 Cooper stt pro
    Nearly 2 years old and 60k on them with at least 5/16 tread on them

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tires cracked only on inside

4 different tires with the same problem

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That's pretty bad. But if you have got 60k out of them you did ok

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Wow bud I’ve never seen that happen that sucks It looks like you ran over something they look cut to me good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I've seen it before a handful of times. Not sure why it happens. Especially only on the inside. Unless the sidewall design is different on the inside of the tire than it is on the outside. Then it's probably a fault in the mold process. I'm talkin about the crack around the bead of the tire. But as to why it happens. I have no idea LOL. If it wasnt a mud tire you could prob get with your tire shop and get a new set prorated. But def a long shot with a mud tire. But then again nothing against cooper. But had a car at a previous job keep coming in because the tires bead would unseat. After the third tire did it they got different tires LOL. But that issue I believe was caused by who installed them.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yeah my bigger thing is it happened to all 4 tires on the inside. just seems like there is something to it. One tire I'd say I ran something over but not all 4. FYI that is a 3/4 nut for reference. Still a good bit of tread left

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

This to me looks like it's something from driving over. Scrap the sidewall and tore. I have done this on tires and have made very similar cracks.
    Have you offroaded or off trails before. You dont have to drive rough but more drive over something unseen. If you tow. I wouldn't tow without replacing. If you truly got 60k. From that tire you are likely the only one. That tire is not known for decent wear.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Not any offroading to say. Some mud in a driveway but mostly highway miles. 100 miles a day for work and we take my truck for vacation and holidays. Even with running over something what are the odds of getting all 4 tires? And I had the rotated 3 months ago and the tire shop didn't mention anything about them being messed up. Going to call Cooper tomorrow and see what they have to say. And yes Installed 2/17 @73k and I have 134k as of today

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jcvititow View Post
    Not any offroading to say. Some mud in a driveway but mostly highway miles. 100 miles a day for work and we take my truck for vacation and holidays. Even with running over something what are the odds of getting all 4 tires? And I had the rotated 3 months ago and the tire shop didn't mention anything about them being messed up. Going to call Cooper tomorrow and see what they have to say. And yes Installed 2/17 @73k and I have 134k as of today

Its something with the tire. They are separating down by the bead too.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jcvititow View Post

What's the dot number on the tires? They will give you a date of manufacture

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast