Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tires cracked only on inside

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Tires cracked only on inside

Quote Originally Posted by Jcvititow View Post
    Discount tire direct is who I ordered them thru. Found a discount tire about an hour or so away that said they could order me a new set and prorate the old ones. So now I just have to wait for the new ones to come in.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Nice. Cant beat that. You'll prob save prob 100 to 200. Bucks if I had to guess. They will take measurements of the usable tread and do some math from what they were new and go from there.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I am willing to bet a whole lot the that the next set don't last as long as these have tho. Anything off the new set is better then the price of 4 new ones.

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Well go them swapped out today. They still has 10/32 left out of the 21/32 new they said. Also said they had never seen a whole set do that before. But they did knock off nearly 500 on a new set so I guess it was not to bad of a deal especially for the miles I had on them. If the sidewalls has not messed up I bet I would have gotten 80k plus out of them. Wished all mud grips could do that on a 3/4 ton truck. LOL

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps

5. Likes david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    This to me looks like it's something from driving over. Scrap the sidewall and tore. I have done this on tires and have made very similar cracks.
    Have you offroaded or off trails before. You dont have to drive rough but more drive over something unseen. If you tow. I wouldn't tow without replacing. If you truly got 60k. From that tire you are likely the only one. That tire is not known for decent wear.
    They look like splits to me. To jagged. Forensics are us

MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY @Jcvititow

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jcvititow View Post
    Well go them swapped out today. They still has 10/32 left out of the 21/32 new they said. Also said they had never seen a whole set do that before. But they did knock off nearly 500 on a new set so I guess it was not to bad of a deal especially for the miles I had on them. If the sidewalls has not messed up I bet I would have gotten 80k plus out of them. Wished all mud grips could do that on a 3/4 ton truck. LOL

Nice man. Cant beat that at all. Ide be willing to bet if you woulda run em down to about 2-3/32. Youda got 90k easy. They still was darn near 50% LOL. But it also goes to show your took care of em too by rotating and keeping the truck lined up.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

You say that but I was not the best at rotating them. Maybe 4 times in 60k and a had a bad shock scallop on about 20k back. That's why one came only had 8/32 left. But from what I have read elsewhere I don't see this pair lasting as long as those did but I am going to wait and see how they fair. If this pair last as long without splitting it will be my go to tire from now on.

10. Likes david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I would say you made out pretty good. Has the price of them gone up much since your first set?

12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Nope pretty much still 1200 a set

13. Likes Dwelsh liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123