Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Rail pressure info

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Rail pressure info

tried searching, what is a healthy RP reading at idle? on my MM3 I know there are defaulted warning colors (red) high . what is high because I have hit 25+K a couple times really briefly and it flashed red. what is the number I should avoid. I'm assuming the defaulted values are there as more of a standard safety value. If I remember right my idle RP is just under 5k psi.
    the only experience I have with RP was my 04.5 so not so apples to apples.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Rail pressure info

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    tried searching, what is a healthy RP reading at idle? on my MM3 I know there are defaulted warning colors (red) high . what is high because I have hit 25+K a couple times really briefly and it flashed red. what is the number I should avoid. I'm assuming the defaulted values are there as more of a standard safety value. If I remember right my idle RP is just under 5k psi.
    My truck in sig idles about 4200-4300psi if I remember right. I recently changed my variance in colors to show green in normal (relative to my truck). The rails will have high pressure up to 30,000 psi- WOT you want at least 25k psi. Anything less than that you are losing Rail pressure which means CP3 or fuel pump are weak.

as far as too high I don’t think there is necessarily a PSI to stay away from. Like most components if you mash on it your CP3 and fuel pump will tire out sooner from being strained

i believe there will be a warning light/ding rif the desired fuel pressure and actual have to large a variance. These are set by factory or tuner depending on programming

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes Power247 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    DID YOU KNOW! As a premium member you have access to the service manuals on the site? Look 'em up. Anything post 13 should be about the same.

I see 5 to 5200 at idle on my 03

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    DID YOU KNOW! As a premium member you have access to the service manuals on the site? Look 'em up. Anything post 13 should be about the same.

I see 5 to 5200 at idle on my 03
    Nope didnt know that. That is awesome what i have is limited info on the 4th gens as for manuals. I owe ya some salmon if you ever come out to oregon.
    So i just looked again and at idle warmed up it reads between 4800 to 4900.
    I haven't checked but i wonder if the drd tunes will create a slight difference between tune levels.

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 01-18-2019 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
    2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I didn’t know that! Where are they @polarco?

My RP at idle is 45-4600

oy thing with looking at factory levels is our tuned levels likely will not be the same for most situations. Idle RP likely would but I would think everywhere else is tweaked for performance

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com