Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 2015 68RFE TUNING

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2015 68RFE TUNING

I'm looking into a couple of different Tuners, DRD is at the top of my list , but wanted to get everyone's take on "Calibrated Power" as well. They're offering something that I haven't seen anyone else offer... "Complete Emissions" in place tuning with being able to put down big power with all Emissions in place. Someone enlighten me as to how they are capable of doing this, when no one else is able to?

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 68RFE TUNING

Calibrated Power specializes in emissions on tuning. Apparently they have managed to get pretty good at it. I have no idea how... The only thing with them is that if you ever do decide that you want to delete down the road they will not help you. You will have to start over with DRD or some other platform.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I was much like yourself wanting to keep my Emissions intact and read it seems like hundreds of fourms about the same debate.

I can tell you from months of research and talking with people running both tunes I have recieved multiple mixed reviews on Calibrated Power. But have yet to hear one bad thing about DRD.

My advice to you is just go ahead and purchase DRD's EGRless Emissions intact tuning if you want Emission intact and don't look back. I wouldn't even consider anyone else for a Cummins!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Don’t mean to sound rude but what is big power? A stock turbo, injectors, and fuel pump with just tuning will not get you much more than mid 400s without getting toasty/drive pressure out of hand. Do you have upgrades currently or some you are looking to make?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Don’t mean to sound rude but what is big power? A stock turbo, injectors, and fuel pump with just tuning will not get you much more than mid 400s without getting toasty/drive pressure out of hand. Do you have upgrades currently or some you are looking to make?
    What I'm talking about with Big Power, it is over 550hp and 1100lb ft of torque, that's just with any type of good tune that I've found. I know that these engines can go much higher than that. When you look at something like Stealth, or even the "Jack Spade" (100hp over stock) from Calibrated Power, that's nothing, but when you're talking about getting over 550hp that's different because now you're having to do Transmission tuning along with the extra hp, and really having to pay attention to everything that's going on.
    No I don't have any upgrades yet, just still trying to make a decision on what tune I want to go with. As Stated DRD is at the Top of my list, I ran across Calibrated Power about a week ago and wanted to get people's take on them.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wylbur78 View Post
    What I'm talking about with Big Power, it is over 550hp and 1100lb ft of torque, that's just with any type of good tune that I've found. I know that these engines can go much higher than that. When you look at something like Stealth, or even the "Jack Spade" (100hp over stock) from Calibrated Power, that's nothing, but when you're talking about getting over 550hp that's different because now you're having to do Transmission tuning along with the extra hp, and really having to pay attention to everything that's going on.
    No I don't have any upgrades yet, just still trying to make a decision on what tune I want to go with. As Stated DRD is at the Top of my list, I ran across Calibrated Power about a week ago and wanted to get people's take on them.

Understood- I heard on diesel posdcast there was a pulling truck (duramax) that was set up with all emissions in place and competing (no smoke). It would be possible but the biggest issue you’d have would be keeping up with replacing DPF can from extra cycles/use. Longevity would be in the toilet as well.

keeo us posted if you get some more info!

p.s DRD all the way!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Calibrated power is a decent size company who know their products well. I recommend them as a good product. I do not deal with often though sadly and they are at the bottom of our best sellers. We highly recommend going with DRD tuning. That is our number one seller and most asked about tuner. We will be more then then happy to help you if you have any questions or if you are not already speaking with DRD.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com