Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tailgate latch

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tailgate latch

Nothing looks bent or outta place. What would cause this? Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tailgate latch

is the latch just clip in? Looks more like the clip broke.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Tailgate latch

My tailgate latch looked like that when I bought my truck used. The L shaped bracket that the latch mounts to was bent slightly in a downward direction. I think the previous owner backed into something with the tailgate down. I took the latch out and used some 2x4 pieces and a dead blow hammer to straighten it out.

Yours Looks pretty straight, i beleive the holes the latch mounts to are slotted for handle adjustment. Maybe it loosened up enough to move. Try loosening the nuts and see if the handle moves up in the slot?

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DPF delete pipe, EGR delete. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...