Likes Likes:  89
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are Air Bags Worth It?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: Are Air Bags Worth It?

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    Lmao..... now, I’m confused!!!!!
    Exactly who’s nudies are we talking about ??
    Mine.... yours..... or @Polaraco ?!??
    And somebody has to look dammnit

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

Belly Shake.gif

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    Lmao..... now, I’m confused!!!!!
    Exactly who’s nudies are we talking about ??
    Mine.... yours..... or @Polaraco ?!??
    And somebody has to look dammnit

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel
    Yours.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cooksey View Post
    I thought about the noise before install (and there is noise) but it's acceptable to me and lets me know it's working. I wired thru the upfitter switch so it can be shut down but have not had to turn it off yet.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...355dc530a4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7d8f4d94cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    How loud is it in the cab when the compressor kicks on?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Airbags are 100% absolutely worth it great investment especially if you are carrying heavy loads or pulling trailers

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post

Greg
    It's a muffled buzz, if that makes sense. Hiss when it lets out. No leaks so it rarely kicks on unless actively adjusting. There's lots of room under the cab for the setup but this keeps it all protected.

10. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cooksey View Post
    It's a muffled buzz, if that makes sense. Hiss when it lets out. No leaks so it rarely kicks on unless actively adjusting. There's lots of room under the cab for the setup but this keeps it all protected.

Thanks. That sounds reasonable. And you make a good point that it only runs when you are making adjustments.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel

Greg

11. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post

Greg
    I have a similiar wireless air setup, Air Lift P/N 72000. My compressor is in the ammo box behind the drivers seat.
    I rarely hear it go off and if I do, at least I know it's still working.
    IMHO, it is worth the investment everytime I hookup to my camper and fill the bags at the touch of a button.
    Hope this works, had some trouble uploading these.
    https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c4697caa5b82/7508.mp4

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c4697e599663/7510.mp4

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

13. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    I have a similiar wireless air setup, Air Lift P/N 72000. My compressor is in the ammo box behind the drivers seat.
    I rarely hear it go off and if I do, at least I know it's still working.
    IMHO, it is worth the investment everytime I hookup to my camper and fill the bags at the touch of a button.
    Hope this works, had some trouble uploading these.
    https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c4697caa5b82/7508.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c4697e599663/7510.mp4

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the videos and the information on the exact setup you have. I really like the idea of keeping the compressor out of the elements like you guys have done. We pull the camper 4-5 times a year so I am still trying to decide which way to go.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel

Greg

15. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting the videos. That’s not loud at all and I like the fact it’s wireless.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Sure. I installed Load Lifter 7500 kit. My 1 ton srw rides nice empty, when I get 5 or 6k in the bed (aux fuel and loaded trailer,) I run 70 or 80 lbs in the bags, tows 25k real nice. Ridiculous improvement over stock springs. I didn't buy the wireless controller/compressor at first. But after a few weeks working them hard. I ordered the kit. My biggest issue with the sagging rear end was my headlights. People would flash their high beams at me all the time because my lights pointed upwards when I was heavy. The other big issue was driving at night, the seat position when the rear end sagged really screws with my perception of the grade of the road, I couldn't tell if I was on a slight downgrade, upgrade or level.Bags fixed these two issues. The other problem was heavy snowfall, when the rear sags on my 2018, even a little bit, you cant drive at night in the snow. Period. Can't see anything. Pull over and wait for daylight or snow to stop. Bags fixed that too. Absolutely no downside to the product. Works great,

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast