Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  89
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Air Bags Worth It?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Are Air Bags Worth It?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooksey View Post
    7200 lbs by the scale for back axle. Kinda heavy, I gotta shift some weight to the back of the 5er. 27k CGW so I changed to 4.10 AA gears, but have 35" tires.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ah...ok, was gonna say, that's a little heavy.
    Still not sure I have the stones to pull that load on a SRW truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I thought about the noise before install (and there is noise) but it's acceptable to me and lets me know it's working. I wired thru the upfitter switch so it can be shut down but have not had to turn it off yet.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...355dc530a4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7d8f4d94cc.jpg

What kit is that? I keep only seeing kits that go in the spring, and have poor reviews. Does it help with the side to side sway when towing as well?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Air Lift 57289 (for 2017 2500)
    Air Lift 72000 wireless air
    Very stable for me running 75-85 psi.

6. Likes watersupply189, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I have about 7200 lbs on the back axle when the fifth wheel is attached. The bags levels it out and gives me back my travel.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...06b274b05c.jpg

Good Job

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Air bags will be night and day difference for sure!

Thank you mr. dan for the recommendation! I will gladly help you get what you need my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallasm12 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 2016 Ram 3500 SRW with the Cummins 6.7 and I occasionally pull upwards of 23,000 pounds.

I don't have much suspension left and it is very reared back. I know that the truck is overloaded, but will a set of airbags help substantially in leveling the load as well as helping with ride quality?

If so, what is a good brand of airbags?

Thanks for any feedback.
    As you can tell, Airbags do work. They're used on trucks! I've had them on the last 3 trucks. I just refurbished my system with a new valve setup this summer. I built some leaks. My current system started in my 04., then to my 07, then 08 and now in my 03. I'm cheap.
    @F350Cummins Al Look at that bag sat up. And it's outboard of the springs

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Thanks Cooksey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

47.8k gross with 14 bales alfalfa behind a 2006 3/4 ton. Was still riding levelish. Yes they are worth it every bit.

10. Likes watersupply189, Cooksey liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

First off yes bags are a positive thing, no matter if you tow, pull or putting yards of dirt in the bed and hauling. There is a better safety element with a properly loaded and leveled truck

So I understand the convenience of having the compressor and the easy touch button ability to raise or lower. I’m cheap or frugal I should say. I have mainly used Firestone air bags that were independent air lines and were powered by me.. manual labor.

I have an air compressor at home. I installed my air stems through the plastic insert piece that is around the rear license plate on the bumper. This was on 2nd and 3rdgens. Yes there are plenty of reasons on the Pros of having a compressor set up and being able to tap into this to air up other things as well.

I never had the need to constantly adjust the pressure if I was towing something heavy. So that being said if a person was on a budget and couldn’t afford upfront the compressor set up with all its wizardry. You can always get the basic set up and later add the compressor. I will say that if you do drive and need to maintain full articulation in the rear you should consider looking at an air bag setup with the bottom cradle/bucket.

I’m sure Dudes Diesel can help you out with options and choices.

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 01-17-2019 at 04:37 PM. Reason: correct
    2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    First off yes bags are a positive thing, no matter if you tow, pull or putting yards of dirt in the bed and hauling. There is a better safety element with a properly loaded and leveled truck

So I understand the convenience of having the compressor and the easy touch button ability to raise or lower. I’m cheap or frugal I should say. I have mainly used Firestone air bags that were independent air lines and were powered by me.. manual labor.

I have an air compressor at home. I installed my air stems through the plastic insert piece that is around the rear license plate on the bumper. This was on 2nd and 3rdgens. Yes there are plenty of reasons on the Pros of having a compressor set up and being able to tap into this to air up other things as well.

I never had the need to constantly adjust the pressure if I was towing something heavy. So that being said if a person was on a budget and couldn’t afford upfront the compressor set up with all its wizardry. You can always get the basic set up and later add the compressor. I will say that if you do drive and need to maintain full articulation in the rear you should consider looking at an air bag setup with the bottom cradle/bucket.

I’m sure Dudes Diesel can help you out with options and choices.
    Unless I missed it, you forgot one very important thing, especially for us old folk. Air bags do wonders for the ride on leaf springs. LOL

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
    Likes DIESELWRKS, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

What.. old folk aww that just means you have been well travel, overly seasoned and lived to teach us stuff you have forgotten more than we have learned...
    I have had knee and spine surgery from the Marine corps. I will say air bags for sure made my 2nd gen rear end take out alot of empty driving rear end talk back. My 3rd gen seats I didn't like. 2nd gen I did and the 4th gen helps alot on the lumbar. To the old folk Hope your night is good

Justin

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    What.. old folk aww that just means you have been well travel, overly seasoned and lived to teach us stuff you have forgotten more than we have learned...
    I have had knee and spine surgery from the Marine corps. I will say air bags for sure made my 2nd gen rear end take out alot of empty driving rear end talk back. My 3rd gen seats I didn't like. 2nd gen I did and the 4th gen helps alot on the lumbar. To the old folk Hope your night is good
    How can the night be good? I'm here doing my yob.

You let the VA fix your back? No comment. LOL I'm using a surgeon named Dr. Slaughter. LOL Private sector. Lyons VA has a very bad rep. My brother, RIP, is an example

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    How can the night be good? I'm here doing my yob.

You let the VA fix your back? No comment. LOL I'm using a surgeon named Dr. Slaughter. LOL Private sector. Lyons VA has a very bad rep. My brother, RIP, is an example
    Oh no. This was done while I was still active before they medically kicked me out.
    I've been here long enough at the VA to know what and where to get certain treatments done.
    I also have good insurance for my son.
    Prayers and peace for your brother.

Well shoot have a good time working. Today was my Friday and I have the next 3 days off.

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 01-18-2019 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Add

Justin

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast